“My birthday weekend”
Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #6 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband surprised me with a spa for my birthday at The Setai. I loved the hotel. The ambiance was perfect. The walk to the beach and the fireworks were amazing!. The feel at the hotel was tranquil and serene. I was very excited for my spa services at the hotel after experiencing a perfect afternoon.
I was disappointed.
The massage itself was perfect, the music and everything. I would definitely recommend the Balinese massage, but not at this hotel.
The lounge area is too small or I should say, there is no lounge!?. I wanted to relax before i went for my massage but there is no such area to do so. No indoor jacuzzi or sauna, which surprised me. I asked for a body lotion, they said they ran out!!..A spa and no moisturizer, very strange.
I even asked for a razor and she said we ran out!!
It seemed they were trying to cut corners but I was appalled.
No one even came in to ask for water or assistance?. I would think that a 5 star hotel should have better service. Everyone comes here for indulgence, but I was disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irmaharoon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Miami ...

WOW. Very impressive to be amazed still after all these years, this hotel is beautiful.
ROOM. Had a spa studio cityview suite and it was massive with rainforest walk in shower two sinks, two seating areas with marble bath in the room itself (not as crazy as its seems) .

HOTEL. Very asian fusion, staff very helpful and friendly, wonderful food, three pools together with a wonderful outdoor restaurant, private part of beach where you are served water and facial misters, the loungers are huge and towels brought to your beds, lots of little private cubby holes around the place. Nice long bar inside as well.

Staff are very good and friendly.

LOCATION Fantastic, few mins from ocean and on collins itself.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will start by saying that we were not guests of the hotel. We stopped by to exchange pleasantries with a hotel/restaurant manager (Dwayne Savoie). While Mr. Savoie wasn't available, we met an incredible gentleman by the name of Benedict from Berlin. Once he found out that we were not guests, he immediately and professionally took this opportunity to show us why we should be on our next visit. I will not regurgitate the obvious that has already been stated in other comments pertaining to the hotel, the amenities, the suites, the services, location, etc. What I will share is that this will forever be our home away from home when our travels take us to Miami and South Beach. Benedict, my wife and I (Jewel & Chris Stafford) are very thankful for your time, attention and high levels of professionalism.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we ended our honeymoon at the wonderful Setai. from the moment you walk in off the street you are hit with a great ambience and true far eastern welcome. we were kindly upgraded as it was a special occasion and we arrived to our fantastic room to find a bottle of champagne and a delicious chocolate mousse. the pool is great as is the beach. in fairness the guys at the beach were very friendly and helpful and could not do enough for you, one thing to note is that it is very expensive even for south beach with a 20% surcharge on to every bill incurred within the hotel. the service is good though so thats not a criticism. the front desk team were very helpful and accommodating. it was a very special place!! Think Thailand but on south beach!!
judging by the celebrities we saw and the paparazzi outside its one of the hottest tickets in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TaffsTours
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love this hotel. I am in Miami several times a month, and I always stay here. The hotel is beautiful, and the service is top notch (Samir is the man!). It is truly a 5 star hotel. Easily the best hotel in Miami. The pool is very nice and low key, so you don't get the same crowd as Shore Club or Delano.
I booked through VRBO and got a room much, much cheaper than the hotel website. Same rooms, service, etc.

Room Tip: The 01 and 11 lines are the best (best views of the ocean from the hotel building).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rich B
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed here twice and can't say enough about how wonderful the staff are and how serene it feels when you're there. Miami Beach has a great energy and vibe, but sometimes you want to escape and have downtime — simply relax. The Setai is intimate and offers guests privacy, luxury and impeccable service. From the doormen to your room attendant, everyone is so happy and gracious when providing their services. The food is also terrific and the amenities are superior. The rooms are extremely large with very comfortable beds and the turn down service is great. They leave little cookies, chocolates or other sweets every day and the bathrooms are huge. There are even three unique temperature pools, a private area on the beach and a stunning courtyard with fountain and lounge areas to eat, drink or just hang out. The entire property is decorated with Asian influences but simple and modern. They also have private spa suites with over-sized tubs for soaking. I highly recommend staying at The Setai.

Room Tip: Every room is unique so you can ask for a his and hers sink in the bathroom or one with a bath tub p...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place has a great location but mediocre customer service and dark drab rooms/bathrooms. The wood blinds are also getting so beat up they look awful. If you order room service they will quote you 30-40 mins and then take 65. It happened to us every time we ordered. We find this very annoying. One morning we ordered before bed because we had an early flight to catch. Guess what? After calling to find out where our order was 5 minutes after the delivery time requested.... They said it would be there in another 20 minutes!! Whoever is running their kitchen should be fired. The housekeeping is also not the best but we think its mostly because its so dark in the bathrooms that its hard to see and clean properly. Go over to the W right next door. Big, bright & clean rooms over there!

• Stayed: May 2013