New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
london
“Stylish hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a luxurious and stylish hotel.What stood out for us though were the staff
Always smiling and helpful and remembering our names it just makes such a difference.
Thank you.
Sunday brunch was good with an amazing selection of food from all over the world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank LondonWoody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I used to live in South Beach until very recently. We had seen all the hotels around Collins and Ocean and thought they were just overpriced tourist traps. So, when we decided to visit our old hangouts we found ourselves in a difficult situation. We needed to book a hotel!

Out of all the offerings, this one looked the most appealing and different. When we arrived we were not disappointed. The facade was a bit hard to find as the driveway was not as elaborate as other places, but this was not a huge problem. The hotel section of it was much smaller than the residence side, but it was in a great location and facing Collins Ave and 20th Street.

Immediately upon stepping inside we were greeted with floral smells and soothing sounds. The concierge staff quickly checked us in and they gave us a short tour of the facilities and explained our room. Our car was parked (keep in mind valet is $40/night if you bring one) and our bags brought up to our room very quickly. We faced the inner courtyard for a quieter experience and blackout shades were available to shield us from the sun in the early morning.

The breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit, delicious pastries, strong coffee, and omelets made to order every day. The pools were very well maintained and the pool side bar served healthy and delectable food and drink options. The free bottled water at the gym was a nice touch, although if you're a huge workout buff some of the equipment was a lacking, albeit functional. The spa was extremely relaxing and our couples' massage was well worth the price.

The Asian theme and flair was evident everywhere and really provided a nice respite from the normal South Beach hustle and bustle. The rooms were spacious and immaculately maintained. The staff was more than helpful and frequently went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. If you can afford it, this is THE hotel to stay at in South Beach. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Check for specials such as free nights and free breakfast, they can really help to save money and en...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daredevil3181
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The staff was gracious and the service was incredible. I love beautiful hotels but not all 5 star hotels know how to deliver what they promise. This is not the case for The Setai. They over deliver.

Everywhere I went, I was greeted by name with a warm and genuine hello. (So much so, that there was a celebrity in the restaurant and he turned as if to see who I was...) As the sun shifted, the staff on the beach came by to see if I needed my umbrella moved. The masseuse knew I was stressed so he went over the time limit and worked a little longer on my scalp. (I have never had that happen anywhere.) The restaurant host saw me observe the desserts at brunch and handed me an eclair as I was rushing to leave. (Thank you, it was delicious.) The pastry chef, made me a little plate of tiny treats when she saw I hadn't ordered dessert since I was too full but just wanted a bit of something sweet. The server at the restaurant, called housekeeping to arrange for a shower cap delivered to my room since I forgot to do it earlier in the day. Of course, it was there when I arrived. This is just a short list of the "above-and-beyonds" and the excellent service.

The hotel is very serene and definitely, not a party hotel. Now the details:

The Room
Simply beautiful and relaxing. The Collins Street side can be a bit noisy since the windows are thin. I switched to the courtyard side which was quieter. The rooms are very large and have a large bathroom with a separate shower and private toilet. I was nervous that I was not in The Tower but the room is so beautiful that was thrilled and it was half the price. The bath products are Asprey and aren't too fragrant. There are plenty of extra towels.

When I arrived there were chocolate champagne truffles, bottled water and apples. (I don't know if this is part of Amex FHR.) Each night, there was a yummy baked dessert on a tray by the bed.

The Location
The hotel is centrally located near The Bass Museum, the beach and Lincoln Rd. Its a perfect location.

The Beach/Pool
There are three pools based on temp and whether you have children. When I arrived, the staff brought a tray with an orchid, fragrant towel, fruit infused water and a spray bottle to cool me off when I was hot. I found the pool area a bit hot so I moved to the beach. The hotel provides sun tan lotion which is nice so you don't have to pack it. They also have newspapers and magazines.

The beach has plenty of lounges and umbrellas. There is no need to race down to get a lounge unless you want one in the first row. Bottled water is offered instead of the fruit infused water. The beach was pristine. It is tranquil and relaxing.

Restaurants
The food to me was better at the beach bar than for dinner. I think the food could use a little tweaking since its not quite up to par of the rest of the hotel.

The breakfast was incredible and one of the nicest buffets that I have had. The french toast squares are not to be missed. The only issue is that its hard to put on a bathing suit after eating so much.

Spa
The masseuse was incredible and I was impressed that he went a little over in time. The services are not inexpensive but they deliver.

Etc.
Every service or charge includes a 20% gratuity. I found this annoying. Although, it bothered me less after I saw the level of service offered.

Overall
I really enjoyed my stay and I look forward to visiting again. I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: I thought the courtyard side was much quieter than the Collins Ave side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Intrepidtraveler53
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Its long time now I've been in that nice hotel in Miami but it should be an omission by me if I dont state that it ways a wonderful experience being there enjoying the great service and the beautiful location.
If the restaurant was a bit better should be an excellent place for business travelers , like me at that occasion , or for tourists. A real value for money case.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank steokt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The serene ambiance that the Setai represents is only surpassed by the incredible attention to detail. A small, but five star spa provides a relaxing experience for the jet lagged guest.

The culinary experience is also very good, and room service never disappoints. It is however very pricey, so don't be surprised to see a $200+ tab for in-room dining. ($15 for a bottle of San Pellegrino is a little excessive so plan accordingly).

Overall, a great experience, luxury to no avail. A well worth while travel experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from the south side of the building as other hotels have their ventilation system and they...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Patbeau
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

well, i stayed there with my family for a winter break,
i would like to say that the most luxury zone in Miami.
nice everything...EVERYTHING!!!!!
if you want a quite and luxury zone it would be the best choice in south beach

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anton S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We have travelled a lot and we are always staying at the best 5* hotels and I must stay The Setai is one of the best we have experienced. The breakfast is incredible ( it worths every dollar) and so the service, though we have a difficult name they were welcoming us every morning by name.
The pool area is very nice and quite, in an asian style.

• Stayed January 2012