“Met our expectations very well”
Review of Quinn's - CLOSED

Quinn's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Manchester England
“Met our expectations very well”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Excellent welcome and a table reserved as we had requested on the terrace. Server was warm and friendly and knew the menu very well--did he steer us to the most expensive items--well we decided before we arrived so if he did he didnt inflouence us. the bread was amazing--its worth goiung just for nthe bread basket! Starters were excellent and arrived promptly as did our main courses. Not cheap but a very nice evening We will be back

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thanks for dining with us! I'm happy to hear that we were able to impress you with our service and the dishes you ordered, and I look forward to your next visit with us. We appreciate the review!

Indialantic, Florida
“Great Meal”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Business dinner, and had the snapper. Very well done. Perfect seasoning, but maybe a little over priced. Probably worth it as you are right on Ocean Drive, which adds to the charm if you're out of town.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank hoksi
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Great choice! The snapper is one of my favorites, too. I'm happy to hear that we were able to make your business dinner a memorable one, and I appreciate you taking the time to follow up with your feedback. Come back soon!

Miami
“Bad service!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We (group of 4 couples) recently decided to have dinner at this restaurant and unfortunately, we experienced one of the worst episodes of customer service that I have ever experienced. Our reservation was at 8:15PM and we got there at 8:00PM. Without getting into too many details as it was a long complicated story, we left the restaurant at 11:30 PM. It took 15 minutes standing in Ocean Drive to get to see the host in order to ask for our table. The waiter got to our table and without even greeting us said that he could not do separate bills because the restaurant was too busy. Even when we did not want to split the bill, I would have wanted to see some sign of apology for the inconvenience or at least some further options in case that we were planning to split the bill. I’m still wondering what would have happened if, in fact, we wanted to split the bill. Maybe, go to another restaurant? Bad service just got worse from that point on. The waiter was so rude and disorganized that at a point went to serve wine to another table while I was ordering my dinner. Consequently, he could not listen and I had to repeat my entire order when he came back. My husband had to ask him to slow down and give us the time that we deserved as we knew that dinner was going to be a mess if he kept running like crazy. I guess that I will never know if the appetizers (including lobster bisque for one of my friends) were completely cold due to the insanity of our server or because the kitchen was too busy. However, I certainly know that our appetizers were inedible. Main course was good and appropriately hot which we really appreciated. Dessert was just ok except that we order three desserts and only got two as apparently our waiter didn’t take proper note. However, by the time that we ordered dessert we were not expecting much. I understand that it was February 15 and the restaurant was busy. However, I believe that restaurants should not take more people than what they can handle. At $110 per person, we were expecting a lot better service paired with a lot better food. The waiter at the very least should have been more professional and show better manners. I live in Miami and I know a lot of restaurants in Miami that are well worth the money that we paid. I guess the question is “Am I ever going to return? And the answer is “Absolutely not”. $880 for 8 people is a lot of money to risk it again at the same place. In case restaurant management wants to suggest that I should have asked the server to make the appetizers again, I think that, in a restaurant of this category, those appetizers should have never made it out of the kitchen.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank yusi50
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I can understand your frustration, and let me please be the first to apologize for the lack of attention and overall disappointing experience. Valentine's Day and the day after were especially busy for us and we underestimated how rushed we would be. I agree that, as a restaurant of this caliber, there really is no excuse for poor service, but I thought you should know what happened and that this was completely out of the ordinary for us. I appreciate you taking the time to share with me your experience and I hope that you decide to change your mind and give us a second chance.

Ormond Beach
“Beautiful Miami Style Dinning”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We gave Quinn's a try because of the very attractive style with a romantic charm. The restaurant to be chef owned and the menu selection was great. It made a great unexpected meal into a great experience

1 Thank Mike L M
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for trying us out, Mike! I'm thrilled we exceeded your expectations and it means a lot to me to hear all the nice things you had to say about our restaurant. Come back and visit again if you're ever in the area!

Akron, Ohio
“Magical!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We dined here on Valentines Day. While the inside decor is very nice, we chose to sit outside on the terrace. There was lovely live music which added to the ambiance, but was not too loud to talk over. My husband had the crab crusted grouper, and he said it was probably the best dish he ever had. My fish was delicious as well. We also shared the Bang Bang Shrimp, which was very good. We ended the evening by sharing the Key Lime Pie, and it was truly the best I have ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant. Yes, it is expensive, but well,worth it,

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
It's truly rewarding to hear you use such kind words to describe our restaurant! It was our pleasure to have you with us on Valentine's Day and I'm glad everything turned out so well. Keep us in mind for your next date night or special occasion!