“Great food and people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quinn's - CLOSED

Quinn's
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
thowe1959
“Great food and people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had dinner at Quinn's this weekend and it was excellent. We sat outside and got to people watch for hours while we had great food. I had the 16 lb Florida Lobster iwth Au Gratin potatos and my wife had the Seared Tuna. The Bam Bam Shrimp was killer. Ask for Sammy as your waiter. Great server - very attentive and interesting - he's French and has lived in Paris, NY and Miami.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Great advice — Sammy's certainly full of interesting stories! I'll be sure and pass along your compliments to him for taking such great care of you, and I'm delighted to hear that the lobster and your wife's Seared Tuna came out to your liking. If you're ever in the mood for more people-watching, you know where to go!

UK
“Great food in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I dined here during a trip to Miami Beach and September 2013 following a recommendation from a family member.

Both of had calamari to start with which I'm usually a bit weary of as so often it is overcooked and is therefore like eating rubber bands. I'm really pleased to say that the calamari was perfectly booked with a crispy coating but still tender squid. It came with a delicious spicy sauce too. Probably the best calamari I've had in a long, long time.

I was going to have spider crab for my main course but unfortunately it was all gone so I had a New York strip which was cooked just how i like it - very, very rare. My girlfriend had a lobster roll and was very happy with it.

After our main course we were both feeling quite full, mainly because it was a very large portion of calamari, so we were not planning to have a desert but when we saw key lime pie on the menu we both ordered a portion. I really like citrus, lime especially so I was very pleased that the filling was very sharp with lime, just as I would like it.

The service and food were excellent. If we make a trip to Miami Beach in the future we will return here for dinner.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I hope you two make the trip to Miami Beach again, Paul — we'd love to show you a 5-star experience next time! It's so satisfying to hear how well everything came out, and I appreciate you reviewing us after your visit. Hope you and your girlfriend are well!

Merritt Island, Florida, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were down in South Beach, FL really hungry. Walked by and saw the trip advisor reward posted. They sat us quickly. Asked for a good Italian wine and they brought it right away on a very busy Labor Day weekend night. Excellent wine and great priced. They brought an array of different delicious breads that we snacked on while waiting for our dinner. Dinner came at the right time and was excellent. The service was great and no rushing at all. We just had a wonderful dinner listening to a great saxophone player. The owner came out to see if we were doing okay, very hospitable. It was the highlight of our weekend.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
It's so wonderful that we were able to provide you with a memorable Labor Day weekend experience, Teresa. It was a pleasure to have you, and we welcome you back anytime you're in the area — thanks for the feedback!

“Perfect Taste of Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just finished an amazing meal at Quinn's. Myself and my wife wanted to go somewhere special on our last night and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent. Cocktails were delicious and presented in true Miami style. For mains we had the Char-grilled Filet Oscar and the Caribean Snapper. Absolutely delicious. I like my steaks medium rare and mine was perfect. Nice and juicy with the perfect creamy lobster sauce. And the fish was incredible with a lovely unique spice blend. Deserts were excellent too. Highly recommend Quinn's famous Key Lime Pie. Great serving; perfect for sharing. And to top it all off Gerry the owner popped over to say hello and see if we enjoyed our meal. Very rare occurrence in Miami. So if you're looking for a friendly atmosphere but fancy spot to spend an evening and live it up in true Miami style, Quinn's is definitely the place to be seen.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks for writing about your experience on TripAdvisor, too — it's nice to hear we impressed you and your wife so much, Barry! I hope you two make your way back over to see us again soon, and we appreciate your encouraging words.

UK
“Great value Miami Spice offer - but so slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the Miami Spice offer at $39 per person, first courses of Seared Tuna and Bam BAm Shrimp both delicious - second course Snapper and Mahi Mahi (Snapper overcooked/ Mahi Mahi great bit of fish) - dessert Chocolate Lava Cake and Sorbets(both nicely presented). The food was well presented but the first course of shrimp was almost cold.

The serving staff were very attentive but even though the resaturant was not particularly busy the food took a long time to be served - to the point where we asked our server what had happened to it. It is nice to have a relaxing meal on Ocean Drive but meal delivery service could have been quicker. If it was not for the quality of the food served I would have given Quinn's an average rating. The drinks menu was quite expensive but you are on OCean Drive where you expect to pay a premium. The entertainment blended in well and not too loud so you could still talk across the table.

1 Thank dorla
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I hear you loud and clear — feedback like this is exactly what helps us to improve your next experience, so thanks for your comments about staying on top of our service. Other than that, I'm glad the rest of your visit was overall a positive experience. Thanks for the review, and come back soon!