“Excellent food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quinn's - CLOSED

Quinn's
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Bronx, New York
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went for the Miami Spice menu and the food was wonderful. I started with the seared tuna appetizer, then the crab crusted mahi mahi, both of which were delicious. For dessert I had the sorbet trio which wasnt bad, very sweet and a large portion that I was unable to finish. The drinks were great, I had a watermelon mojito and my date had the strawberry mojito, both had fresh fruit not an overly sweet mix a lot of places use. Our waiter (I think it was Leo, thought not 100% sure) was very attentive and thorough. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Miami Beach.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We hope that next trip to Miami Beach is soon, Cara! It's nice to hear you mention how you liked your drinks, as we usually don't get much feedback on them. I'm delighted with how wonderful you thought everything was, and just in case it was Leo, I'll thank him for you! Looking forward to your next visit.

Southern Germany
“Classy place on Ocean Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Still on Ocean Drive, but on the quieter side, this is the place to relax and enjoy first class food and a great wine. Fresh seafood and meat choice. Very attentive service. Me make it a point to visit Quinn's every time we come to Miami.

2 Thank Germantraveller65
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
How often do you make it all the way from Germany to Miami? We're honored that whenever you're in the area, you make it a point to come see us — thanks so much for the support. We hope you make another trip across the pond soon!

Miami, Florida
“A real Gem. Stands out from the crowd.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I just had a fantastic and romantic dinner at Quinns! When we saw that they participate in the "Miami Spice" restaurant promotion we had to give them a try. First, our waiter, Leo, was extremely friendly and very knowledgable of the menu. He described various items so well you could almost taste them. We went with his suggestions and which were great! The presentation was picture perfect and the flavors were incredible. We are so glad we kept walking past all those other places. And lets not forget, the "Quinn's Trio" playing the very best of Latin romantic music. I highly recommend Quinn's and will certainly be back!

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We're glad you kept walking, too! It sounds like it was a happy accident that you and your wife enjoyed dinner with us, but we're thrilled that you did, Irv. I'll be sure to let Leo know he's doing a great job, and we can't wait to have you back. Thanks for the review!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Landed with an unexpected hefty bill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'll start by saying that the food and service at Quinn's are very good - but sometimes not worth the price. The waiters are obviously encouraged to recommend the more expensive dishes to customers. I'll admit it was my mistake to take the recommendation without checking the price on the menu first but I did not expect to end up paying $45 for my entree. Also $9 for a bottle of still water? Good restaurant but be wary or you'll empty your wallet very quickly.

Visited August 2013
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We're sorry you don't quite agree with the prices we charge for our dishes, Dave. We think the fact that we use only the freshest ingredients to prepare our unique entrees makes the price worth it. That said, I'm glad you think our food and service are both very good, and we hope to see you back for a special occasion sometime in the future!

Miami, Florida, United States
“A South Beach Must Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This Place was recommended to us by a friend and I must say from the moment we were greeted by the Hostess and Executive Chef/ Owner - Gerry Quinn, we felt like Royalty! Awesome staff. our waiter - Willie, is superb.
We started with water melon mojito's, I'm not a fan of mojitos but I could have a couple of these. When I wanted to have another order of the Bam Bam shrimp(excellent), Willie suggested we try the ceviche which is served in a half coconut - DEILCIOUS!
The very Hospitable Mr. Quinn would pass by our table to check on us and make sure we were doing okay.
My wife had the Mahi Mahi and I had the Sea Bass, I cant tell you which was better, both are superb, flowing with flavors that compliment each other and the presentation, accompanied with the service is spectacular.
For desert we had the chocolate cake and Mr. Quinn said we couldn't leave until we try the key lime pie. You have not had Key lime pie until you have Quinn's Key lime pie.
We will be back for sure.
Mr. Quinn - Congratulations, my hats off to you. We thank you for the very wonderful experience.
sincerely, Luis & Jennifer

Couples
Friends
Business
Solo

2 Thank Luis H
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
You ARE royalty to us, Luis! Without exceptional customers like you getting the word out there, we'd hardly ever see any new faces around here. Thanks for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor as well as Yelp, and we hope to see you both again soon!