“Very poor the hotel itself plus staff.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami Beach North Plaza Hotel

Miami Beach North Plaza Hotel
Ranked #191 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Limerick, Ireland
“Very poor the hotel itself plus staff.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Do not go there. The hotel looks as if it hasn't been renovated since the 80's. It looks old, it smells old. Rooms extremely basic, used up, smelly and looking dirty. Staff's attitude horrible. I haven't experienced such an unfriendly and uninterested approach anywhere so far. Those people seem to be punished and offended every time they need to open their mouth to speak to the client. On the last day there was a line of people waiting for hours to check in as " the system was down". No explanation, no appologies, it was obvious they were a nuisanse to the staff and they were treated alike. I spent a week there as it was close to my friends house but honestly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The only plus is the pool area that is accaptable and proximity of the beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Magdalena P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place is in disrepair. Everything. The rooms are small, every bed in the hotel is a double, it's truly horrible. We are afraid about bugs and no wonder since the place is in horrible shape and no doubt would not look clean even if the walls were bleached. The internet I the rooms does not work. It's 1 am and there are a bunch of us sitting in the lobby using the internet. We were not expecting much but the ceramic mismatched floors and the hard beds and the ugly toilets and the bathtub with the chunk missing are just too horrible. We checked in late and it's too late to leave and find another place but I would gladly lose the ninety bucks if it were 4 pm. Do not stay here. Howard Johnson's should be ashamed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's worse than some youth hostels I have stayed tin.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We left a gift card in the safe. The maid, or some other employee stole it. Manager was unresponsive, always in a "meeting". The front desk lady hung up on me twice when I asked for the mgr. And on top of it all, the room was a dump, dirty, gross, the pool was nasty, the beach guy was mean. I wouldn't wish this stay on anyone!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Carriemq
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Lobby Uninviting! I arrived at 10:00pm no one was at the Front Desk so I hit the Bell waited 10 min hit the bell again and waited 5 minutes. An unfriendly lady finally came from the Office(as if I was disturbing her) and Checked me in. I didn't care for the area AT All!! Shops/Eateries too far off from Walking Distance! I checked out in the Morning!!! Won't go back!! Old Needs Updates Badly!!!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a rip off. It is a filthy place with roaches on d wall. The hotel is nothing like u see online.the floor in d rooms are dirty, d carpet in d hallways are nasty.was a real disappointment. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else. Read reviews before booking. Sorry we didnt

• Stayed January 2014
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

When I travel, I make sure the hotel has a gym. This hotel advertises it has a gym. The first day at the hotel I searched for the gym to no avail. When I asked the front desk I was told they no longer had a gym. I stated their web site states they have a gym and I was told in a rather disgusting manner their web site says many things they don't have. On my last night, my heat went out in my room. When I went to the front desk, I was met by the same arrogant attendant. He promised a service person would come. Three hours later no service person. When I enquired again, I was met with the same smirk and same response. Fortunately, another attendant exchanged my room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill S
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Saying here is a trip to the past. Old cars in the lobby. Characters in the lobby. Most of the main floor space is empty. Rooms are clean and roomy. Nice pool area with hot tub. On the beach. Reasonable parking fee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
#3 of 5 in Bal Harbour
Beach Place Hotel
Beach Place Hotel
#110 of 205 in Miami Beach

Been to Miami Beach North Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!