“Fresh and Tasty”

La Sandwicherie
Ranked #17 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

If I hadn't read about this place in reviews prior to coming on vacation in South Beach, I probably wouldn't have ever given it a chance. It's a tiny little hut and it is currently amidst a bunch of construction being done. You can see the entire inners of the establishment from the outside. I am extremely picky and based on looks alone, it's just not somewhere I would choose to eat. I am glad that we saw it ahead of time and gave it a shot because it was quite yummy. I don't think it's as over the moon fabulous as a lot of the previous reviews but it was fresh and it was delicious.

We went at prime lunch time and didn't have to wait in a long line. We were able to get two stools within minutes of walking up to it. We ordered from our seats. I wasn't sure if that was an option so I asked the gentleman sitting next to me and he assured me that we could order from our seats. Little menus were available in addition to the menus posted on the exterior of the building. I was not aware of this until we already ordered. It would have been helpful because it is a bit intimidating when it's your first time dining here.

As for customer service, I liked the tall gentleman that served us. He was to the point but he was nice, he answered our questions (that he probably hears a million times a day) and didn't make us feel bad about asking. He gave us time to make our decision but didn't leave us waiting for an extra 20 minutes. He was very hands-on as well. As soon as the line was caught up, he jumped in and started making sandwiches with the other staff. I got the impression that he was in charge; either a manager or an owner. I'm not sure, though.

As for the food, basically all sandwiches are exactly the same. The only thing that changes are the meats and cheeses. I thought the condiments listed were available for you to choose from, however, everything listed will be on every sandwich unless otherwise specified. I got the mozzarella sandwich with almost everything on it. I said no mayo but in doing so, it appears that the mayo and the vinegarette were both left off. This was ok because they give you a bottle when they serve you sandwiches so you can add more to your liking. I was expecting this vinegarette to really be something special, based on the reviews I read. It was ok. I didn't think it was anything that great and I didn't really add much to my sandwich. I definitely think the sandwich could have used more mozzarella cheese on it. I felt like I was eating mostly condiments. I got my sandwich on a croissant...loved this option! The croissant was extremely delicious; fresh, flaky, light. All of the ingredients were very fresh. The establishment seemed very clean. They had fountain soda which is always a plus for me!

I liked that after lunch, I didn't feel like I had a 20 pound sandwich laying at the bottom of my stomach. That's never fun when you're going to the beach!

Gratuity is not added to these bills like everywhere else in South Beach but we did leave a tip. It cost about $20.00 plus tip for 2 sandwiches and 2 fountain sodas. I would recommend coming here for lunch one day on your trip and if I returned to SB, I would definitely come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Note: This review is for the Brickell location.
Would not have known about this place if I hadn't overheard colleagues talking about it as I haven't ever seen advertisements for it. The sandwiches are huge and very flavorful. Very eclectic menu selections raning from standard fare to what I woudl call exotic. I ordered a four cheese salad and it was outstanding. The staff was very attentive and their French accent made this visit more authentic. This is in a relatively small shopping strip with limited parking space. But there is indoor seating which is nice on a hot, steamy day. We would go back again and again if we lived in Miami.

1  Thank CountessCorn
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We will never come back there fir sure. And to be honest better eat at subway not far for half price or aroma cafe ! Crew is not really nice. May be because we were looking like foreign ! I guess so
Anyway my opinion not good for the money

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food was fresh, and was well presented - it was just a sandwich but boy did you want to dive right into one. Nice job La Sandwicherie! Oooo la la

1  Thank TrippingAround98
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a dreary day. Rain water was running out of places to go and I found myself starving. A colleague suggested this place and ordered on my behalf (French salami with Camembert cheese, hold the mayo, add peppers) with a smoothie. Espresso while I wait, s'il vous plaît.

Oh yes. This is a little baguette sandwich of heaven. The outdoor bar seating felt completely charming. The genuine French accents of the sandwich artists, perfection. I found myself entranced by the prospect of boulangeries and coffee at Parisian cafés... I think I may officially have a soft spot for France.

1  Thank Kait414