“Fun spot - "night club" atmosphere”

Mango's Tropical Cafe
Ranked #69 of 1,101 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Description: Mango's is a showcase of International talent, cuisine and entertainment. Mango's performances have even been compared to some of the worlds most renowned Caribbean and South American Carnivals. The family friendly performances featuring Latin dancers run day and night with a full line up of entertainment that ranges from Salsa to Bachatta and Reggae to Pop. Tantalize your taste buds with our Florribean Cuisine specializing in Latin and Caribbean comfort foods and treat yourself to any of our exotic and refreshing hand-made specialty drinks, including a full variety of Exotic Mojitos, Daiquiris, Martinis and Cosmos. Mango's also offers an extensive list of wines, champagnes and premium label bottle service during our late night hours. Lasting impressions are what we are all about and what better way to make one than to book your next Social or Corporate Event in one of Mango's unique private event spaces. Our service staff is one of the best in the business and we at Mango's pride ourselves in service standards. Let us help you create the perfect atmosphere for your event. Mango's is equipped with state of the art sound and lighting technology and our food, drinks and entertainment will make for your "Once in a Lifetime" day. Mango's is not only a destination for tourists but a home to locals. No matter who you are when you come to Mango's you will feel like you are at home. "Come Fall in Love" has been our slogan for years because hundreds of people over two decades have told us that they met at Mango's and fell in love. We are sure that after you visit us you too will fall in love with Mango's.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate here, drank here, danced here and saw some very interesting people! Everyone enjoyed their meal but something tells me you don't go to Mango's for the food. You go to be in the heat of South Beach feeling the vibes of everything around you. It is a club that sells good food...not great but good. We all had a blast and will go back again. I do have to say...the service was amazing. Our Hunky waiter was not only very nice to look at, he did dance lessons to all the ladies and was very on top of keeping our drinks full.

1  Thank Loveagoodmeal
There are newer reviews for Mango's Tropical Cafe

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Mango's Tropical Cafe (on Ocean Dr.) was nothing but a disappointment. I believe they are in the business of scalping tourists.
My experience was that they are Overpriced, serve below average food and provide poor service. First we (two of us) only stopped for Nachos and a drink still had a bill over 52.00 dollars. The nachos were 21.90. It was a large plate but not layered so once you got through the top all you had left was a pile of very expensive chips. The Nachos were "OK" nothing special. My "1/2 off Mohito was ~ 10.00 and of average size. and was of average quality to taste, but they obviously don't care what they serve you because about 25% of the mint was black and wilted. I was going to send it back but I thought I might be better off with what I had. A good waiter would never have served a drink that looked like that, but I found out why. Mango's applies a 18% gratuity to your bill so this explains the total disinterest our server had in us. I was planning on voting with my wallet concerning the waiter's demeanor but the automatic gratuity prevented me from doing that. I decided it was not worth arguing about and to just leave.

After reading other reviews on this establishment I can see that My experience is not atypical, and agree with other reviews that the establishment practices unethical behavior.
There are tons of great restaurants in the area, I recommend you save yourself from feeling like a you have been duped and spend your money else ware. At least read the reviews on the place before sitting down.
-hope this helps someone
-s

1  Thank sandman w
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a nice and famous place in Miami Beach Ocean Drive area. The food is average. Price is high for what you get but music and ambiance has to be paid. If you looking for something different in the area you need to visit them during the night. For lunch is another story. Prices for lunch are lower.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ok, it's one things to tip, but to buy one drink and have tip included at 18% and then to have them automatically make a donation to a local charity in their name at my expense without even telling me is very unethical!!!! One drink cost $55 bucks, who tips 18% on one drink? Were not talking dinner here this is a one trip to the table hand me a drink deal. Ridiculous!!! Watch your wallet and ask questions.

1  Thank Fpc95
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great experience at Mango's - First we had a wonderful lunch and then decided to go back for an evening of cocktails and fun! Mango's did not disappoint!! We had a blast, bar staff was amazing - And they did a great job in making the Bride to Be feel special on her Bachelorette night!