“Great tacos for after the beach or late night”
Review of T-Mex - CLOSED

T-Mex
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Guaco Loco is a hard taco resting in guacamole inside a soft taco shell. They have options of ground beef, fish (chunks, fried) or chicken (my favorite - is shredded). I have been eating the Chicken Guaco Loco with hot sauce and jalapenos (they are pickled not fresh) at this place for more than a decade and I never miss it when I'm on South Beach. They have bottled Mexican beers to accompany (not a full liquor bar). This is a still-have-sand-on-your-flip-flops kind of place so if you want to be served you should go somewhere else, but then you'll have to rinse your feet off.

1  Thank John305

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Normally, I would pay a mandatory 17% tip service charge on the bill only if I got that the equivalent in courteous and prompt service for which they didn't.

Overall, the food is pretty good but I don't care how it's a law on that street that you're charged a 17% tip on top of subtotal and taxes... Not worth it.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Nothing fancy.. just the annoying thing is that regardless of whether or not they do anything, in addition to tax, they tack on an "18% gratuity". Certain establishments (like this one) do not earn that amount in tips, and if you saw the place, and the ambiance, you wouldn't tip either.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I found this place about 10 years ago on a visit and remembered it as a neighborhood take out hangout. I raved about it then.
Same place but upon walking in this time the girl taking orders took a while to warm up to us. Took her ages to take her hand off her face and get up off the stool she was sitting on bored out of her mind. She finally came around and explained some menu items to us. The Chicken Tacos I had were great and also the Beef Macho Taco was good too. Sides of Rice/Beans served in a little hard taco bowl very nice. Liked the food a lot if you can get past the bad service. Next time I will get my food for take out. It is open till 5/6 am so I guess it's your late night snack coming out of the bars.

1  Thank MdcToronto
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Now called T-Mex and opposite Cafe Deuce on 14th. They make everything fresh to order. It is great value for money and damn tasty Mexican food with a couple of beers. A much better way to spend your money than on the strip. Check it out - also Lime is a good alternative over on Alton.