“Great Happy Hour!”
Review of Monty's Raw Bar

Monty's Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Monty's Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Auburn, Washington
“Great Happy Hour!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recommend for Happy Hour! Great deals and great people watching! And bird watching...it's fun to watch the little birds try and sneak in and steal crackers.

Visited September 2012

• Hungarian first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Monty's Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon arrival we were met by a not so charming server and seated outside as requested. We asked about specials and happy hour specials. She grimaced and said she was not sure. We suggested she go find out. Meanwhile we waited and waited and watched the boats...and to our surprise some good sized rats making their way from the edge of the restaurant across to some bushes and a structure by the sidewalk dock side located closest to the restaurant. These rats were not on night patrol. Given this restaurant has so many open air spaces it was clear to us where they were eating. Waitress came back and we ordered a few glasses of chardonnay and a platter of seafood. Oysters were well cleaned and fresh, stone crab was a yellow type that was just OK, shrimp were tasty but previously frozen. Tip of 15% was included and we did not leave a dime more. We had dinner elsewhere later.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank CanadianBoys
Miami, Florida
“Way Over priced”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was a little disappointed with my bill after excellent service by a phenomenal waitress Cierra at Monty's. The food was not really extraordinary. I could have taken a boat or car simply somewhere else for half as much. For that amount I could have easily walked over to Joe's Stonecrabs or or any of high end restaurants in that area for food twice as good as what I had.
Just very disappointed for food that shouldn't be priced that high.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Monchstar
Spring Hill, Florida
“Great Food!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat after going on a boat tour at the Miami Beach Marina. We wanted something nice but casual and Monty's was perfect. First, parking at the Marina was free, which is almost unheard of in Miami Beach, so I loved that! You have the option of sitting by the pool outside (yes, they have their own pool), or inside where you can cool off from the heat. The menu had a good variety of options...I had the lobster and shrimp wrap. The portions were very generous and it was excellent. Everyone in our group liked their meal. I also thought the prices were reasonable for the area. I would recommend this place for all ages and will return on my next trip to Miami Beach.

• Visited July 2012
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was nice before with the old management NO GOOD NOW”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

the place has been nicely renovated but the food is not the same as it wa before.
I am a fan of the "SUPER NACHOS" that before was a stuning huge dish with a lot to eat. now it is not even close. same for the service is was great it is now very bad.
the Raw Bar is also changed and the prices are now 20% higher than they where before.
I wil never go back there. ADIOS MONTY'S