“Good value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This did the job and wasn't overpriced. Reception very helpful and a good location to South Beach. The rooms could maybe do with a bit of a renovation but that's not to say that there is anything particularly wrong with them.

I would stay here again if in Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you review. Please let me know what could we have done in order to make your stay a "5 star experience". You can email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best room and rate for your future visit.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
Castelfiorentino, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

the general service was good specially the helpfulness of the concierge but the breakfast quality was poor. no bread at all, no hot milk, no kind of salty food and the jam was really poor. it can be easily improved

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely look closer to your review and work on improving all the points you mention.

We hope you give us another chance in the near future.Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to book your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights in late June. We arrived and went through some of the check- in process before being told to come back because our room wasn't ready. On returning we had to go through the process again with a different guy (same questions), there was then an issue with the system so it took around half an hour. Although it was annoying and an inconvenience the staff were very apologetic and offered us a free drink at the bar that evening.

On entering our room it was lovely and spacious but it was quickly apparent there was a bug infestation. They were all over the bed, in it and under the pillows. The bed obviously hadn't been changed for a long while, which was strange as we had been made to wait for a room in the first place.

I spoke to the manager who did find us a new room although he wasn't particularly apologetic.

The room was lovely to look at but in reality it was worn, not particularly clean and generally in disrepair. The 'steam shower' didn't have the correct buttons to work, the toilet roll holder didn't stay in the wall properly, the balcony doors didn't close or lock (kept in place by a block of wood) and the lovely big television didn't have any channels and therefore was useless.

The location of the hotel was absolutely great, only round the corner from the beach and right in the middle of the main tourist areas. Furthermore the staff were lovely, the guy on the front desk personally rang our room to apologise for the bugs which was very kind of him, he was also very helpful with recommendations and helping us get across to the sister hotel. 'The gale' is a very short walk away and has lovely rooftop swimming pool and a gym. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Unfortunately on returning home I realised i had left a fairly expensive bikini in the bathroom of our room. I immediately emailed explaining where I had left it and if it could be arranged to have it returned. I am yet to receive a reply over 3 weeks later.

I had read reviews that suggested some of the staff were not entirely honest and prefer not to take too much notice, however when no one has got in touch about my missing belongings after so long I do start to have questions.

Overall this hotel is in a great location, the front desk staff we came into contact with were lovely and very helpful.

I am not a 'picky' traveller but this hotel is not worth what we paid for it. Of the 9 hotels we stayed in of very varying quality over a three week period this was by far the most disappointing. It is worth getting a lower rated hotel for less money that would be in better condition.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I looked into our emails and I did not see any email requesting a bikini. We do have it here in our lost and found. We have been calling the number you provided and it is disconnected. I also emailed you, and it looks that the email provided belongs to another person.

Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to take care of this asap.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went to SoBe for my birthday. My friends & I had a great time. The service was great & everyone & I mean everyone was friendly & extremely helpful. The location was great & convenient. I will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

I am so glad to know you and your friends enjoyed your stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to block the best room and rate for you next year stay.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

While in Miami for a conference, a friend and I decided to share a room at the Sanctuary due to the location from the convention center and also a WALK away from the beach! The rooms are very 'trendy' and feel nice. We really weren't in the room for all that long but it did serve it's purpose. There are a few things here and there that could be updated - like the little window by the bed that really doesn't seem to lock so well.

The staff and customer service was great, plus the free breakfast was a definite plus! I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I really appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. Thank you very much for your kind comments, I will definitely share them with the entire hotel staff.

Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate next time you decide to visit South Beach.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This honestly was the best hotel ever. Everything from the room, to the food, and everything in between was just fantastic. Luis, Maria, and Eddy were exceptional. They routinely would check up on us via text message to insure that our stay was nothing less than superior. If you are looking for a relaxing, friendly, and convienient place to stay, this is definitely the place for you!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank joshhollin
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, many thanks for writing a review about your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. It is a great pleasure to know you received an excellent customer service from Eddy, Maria and Luis. We hope to have you stay at the Sanctuary in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I finally came around in writing a review.. Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel for a 3night stay in May- and we have to agree that it was the best service and hotel ever. For my boyfriend he has been to Miami numerous of times, for me it was my first. He was very pleased, and we agreed whenever we return to Miami...SANCTUARY HOTEL will be the ONLY hotel we will stay in!! :)

1. Eddy (reception) is very very polite, nice and helpful- we LOVED him!
2. A block away from the beach and the loud Collins ave- its a perfect hidden spot that is yet around everywhere you want to be.
3. Room is spacious, clean, and the bed is very comfortable

Room Tip: The second floor is best but if you would like a nice Buddha Fountain outside your hallway, the firs...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sully R
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. I am most delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and you consider us the ONLY hotel to stay in (South Beach). We hope that you will visit us soon, please send me an email at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.