“Hidden Gem”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #150 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I almost didn't write a review because I wanted to keep this place a secret- It's truly a hidden sanctuary set back from the craziness and noise of Ocean Ave. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, and the sauna in the bathroom was nice (although the lighting in the sink area was a little too dim). The best feature was definitely the roof top pool- which, although it didn't have water views, was nearly empty- during spring break week! The restaurant, Ola, is also fantastic- great tacos and dessert!

The service is also above and beyond- with the front desk texting us to check in on our stay, make dinner reservations, offer recommendations, etc.

For the price and the location, Sanctuary is a great find.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B0st0n_Traveler2010
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking the time to comment your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your large suite and roof-top pool deck. Our prime location lets you walk to all main attractions in SoBe and lets you rest at night in a comfortable bed hidden from all the craziness and noise. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see at the Sanctuary soon. Please send us an email at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best available rate.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This place is a hidden gem in a great location. Great value, great staff, plus the restaurant downstairs is the best food that I had during my week anywhere in Miami. We had the pool to ourselves on the busiest week of spring break. I want to keep this place a secret!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Adam N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this most rewarding feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. Our goal is to create good memories for our guests, and we are truly delighted to learn that we have accomplished this with you. I will definitely share this great review with the entire hotel and restaurant team. Please email us next time you want to stay in the South Beach Oasis at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a dump! We had a horrible stay here. We checked out early it was so bad and then they charged us for 16 nights and we had only booked for 4 but left after 2! It took 6 phone calls for them to get the charges fixed. When we got to our room there were marks all over the walls, the tv control never worked even though someone came and fixed it once, the shower had tiles missing and falling off and mold growing in it, there was tons of dust on the ceiling fan, the light in the shower would keep going out you had to touch it for it to keep it coming on, the light above the bed was coming out of the wall, the clock was set on the wrong time, the stairs to get to the pool deck had missing tiles, the pool deck you had to walk over a waving roof with matts just thrown down on them (felt like we were going to fall through the roof). Also in our room the lighting was very bad. I couldn't even see to do my makeup. We showed up for breakfast that they told us would be ready at 7 (we were there for work so needed to get moving quickly in the morning) and by 7:20 they still didn't have everything out. I am sure this hotel was pretty nice back in the 50's, but it is a total dump. I have to come back to Miami beach every year for a tradeshow and I certainly will never ever stay here again!!! Don't fall for those photos on the website because that is not what you get!!

Room Tip: My tip is do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank rebcgo

Dear Guest

On behalf of entire Sanctuary South Beach staff, I would like to express our sincere apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is truly disappointing to hear you did not receive the experience you were hoping for. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and create memorable experiences for all of our guests. We take your comments and concerns very seriously and we are currently working on fixing those issues by upgrading our amenities and services. Please send me an email at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to discuss your last experience. Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and hope to have the chance to win you back during a future trip to South Beach.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I hardly write reviews yet, after staying at The Sanctuary Hotel for three nights, this past weekend, I have to say it was one of my best experiences in South Beach!!! The rooms at the Sanctuary are very large for a art-deco South Beach hotel! My check-in, front desk attendant Louise was very professional and friendly. I also had the pleasure to meet and speak with the very friendly and always smiling maids whose names I now forget, UGH! One of the benefits of staying at the Sanctuary is you have use of the rooftop pool, grill and fitness room at their sister property The Gale Hotel! The rooftop is one of the best in SoBe while the staff their, from front desk to the roof top attendant, server and bartender were all very friendly, accommodating and professional! My next trip to SoBe will have me staying at The Sanctuary or Gale, FOR SURE!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThatAdGuy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. I am excited to hear the Sanctuary was one of your best experiences in South Beach! I appreciated your gracious compliments regarding our team members in both of our properties. We look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable experience! Please email us at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Late booking before flying home to the UK- only 20 rooms I think and typical boutique hotel. Great location just behind Collins avenue and two blocks from a fab beach.Neat pool area and rooms very large and clean.staff very helpful and friendly . Breakfast adequate. The hotel is linked to the Gore hotel a block away and we were able to use their pool,facilities which are roof top and fab. The restaurant was absolutely buzzing when we arrived back so if you want to stay on sight I think this would be a good call.
All in all we enjoyed our short stay and would be happy to book this again.
Down side - no decaffeinated coffee and plastic cups at bfast.rooftop had a private party the night we stayed and we could hear them when we went to bed. No big deal but if you were at the back of the hotel and a light sleeper it would have been a problem

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gofto
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Goft, Thank you for posting this review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that our staff was very accommodating. your feedback is greatly appreciated and please reach out to me when making travel plans. cdejesus@meninhotels.com

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here for three nights in decemberl, best place for the money in south beach. Stayed at their sister hotel the Gale in August a block away. Stay here, use all the Gale's amenities, your done. 1.5 blocks from the beach, perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris D

Dear Chris. Thank you for posting this review, We are close to all South Beach has to offer. Beach, Clubs, Restaurants and Shopping. Please send me an email when planning your next trip. cdejesus@meninhotels.com

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Sanctuary Hotel in South Beach only has suites, modern, clean and roomy. The room was quiet, amazing for South Beach, and the price was right. The breakfast was exceptional and you could sit outside if you wished. In room Wi Fi was strong. The roof top pool is tiny but has a nice sunning area.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room if you want a shower. The first floor rooms have tubs only.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beverly33
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Beverly, Thank you for this wonderful review. It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with, specifically our great and spacious rooms. hope to have back soon. Please reach out to me when planning your next visit. cdejesus@meninhospitality.com