“South Beach treasure”

Ranked #149 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington, DC
“South Beach treasure”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Sanctuary Hotel in South Beach only has suites, modern, clean and roomy. The room was quiet, amazing for South Beach, and the price was right. The breakfast was exceptional and you could sit outside if you wished. In room Wi Fi was strong. The roof top pool is tiny but has a nice sunning area.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room if you want a shower. The first floor rooms have tubs only.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beverly33
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Beverly, Thank you for this wonderful review. It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with, specifically our great and spacious rooms. hope to have back soon. Please reach out to me when planning your next visit. cdejesus@meninhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I WISH I COULD GIVE THIS PLACE ZERO STARS.

The following items were missing from my room which was called the "Spa Penthouse" on the second floor:

-MY $200 SWEATER WHICH I LEFT ON MY BED. When I called to ask about my sweater, the person on the phone ended the call with "I couldn't find the key to your room, did you return it?" I totally blew up! You're worried about your STUPID $1 key? What about my sweater that SOMEONE OBVIOUSLY STOLE.
- PHONE
-hairdryer
- pillow cases on the pillows (DISGUSTING)
-a sink that drained (EW)
-water pressure in the "rain shower"
-iron
-doors to balcony that actually locked. MAYBE SOMEONE USED THESE DOORS TO COME IN AND STEAL MY SWEATER? JUST SAYING.
- chain lock. (I was scared in my room all night because I only had a deadbolt lock and not even a card access door)
- a safety deposit box
-Mini Bar was EMPTY
-The "Beach Club" doesn't even have drinks or food

And to top it all off, I woke up in the middle of the night to a weird buzzing sound coming from the bathroom. It just would NOT go away and I was forced to call the front desk at 2 AM after sleepily searching for the hotels number on my cell phone because I DIDN'T HAVE A PHONE IN MY ROOM.

No refund was offered. No offer to change my room (stayed two nights). Just a horrible experience overall.
Definitely would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

Side-note- My colleague's room was PREPAID and they charged his card for the reservation even though it was already paid for on our company card. What a bunch of crooks!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank sk415408
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Simmi . We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We strive in making sure all guests have a pleasant stay with us. Rest assured that the comfort and security of our guests and their personal belongings is of the outermost importance to us and take this very seriously . I personally checked the lock and found them to be working properly. As far as your concerns about the hairdryer this is stored in the drawer by the sink and the iron in the closet. The fridges are kept to a minimal as we have found based on our guest feedback that many of our guest prefer to buy their own drinks of choice at the local supermarket and store in the fridge for their enjoyment at a later time. In regards to the Beach Club, we currently only offer fruit and non alcoholic beverages however we will be making updates to this soon in order to further enhance our guest experience. We would love to turn this experience around for you in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at cdejesus@meninhospitality. com

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I wasn't really sure what to expect, as I won this bid through an auction site.This was a one night stay before our cruise. The hotel staff were great to work with us by getting a room with a sofa, since our daughter was traveling with us. It was small, and quaint. The room was very big, and modern. The bed was comfortable, and I'd certainly stay here again! The breakfast had enough of a variety, and there was plenty within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello Chris I am excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your family. You are correct we are in a perfect location for anything you need in South Beach. Please reach out to me when planning your next trip. cdejesus@meninhotels.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was very happy here. The accomodations were nice but I reallly appreciatedthe staff..their care and service and personal attention. I would sstay there again without any hesitation. I already mentioned to friends how wondeful my experiance with the hotel was.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjw1118
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear pjw, Thank you for your kind words. It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is truly the heart of our hotel. Please let me know when you are planing your next visit so that I can extend a preferred rate. cdejesus@meninhospitality.com
Dallas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved this little ( only about 20 rooms) boutique hotel. It's not on the water - but only a few blocks away and an easy walk to Lincoln Street shops & restaurants and the famous Ocean Drive where the people watching is fun for all! I had a special package so the price was right ( about $200 per nite) and included breakfast, a couple of drink tickets for their famous restaurant and private transportation to the malls. The hotel manager and staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: I had a unit on the first floor that was close to the restaurant's bathroom - so it was a bit no...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Groovybead
Carlos D, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Groovybead, Our little boutique hotel is the perfect spot for guests who want to take advantage of all the South Beach has to offer, without that hefty price! I’m happy that you enjoyed your time with us and booked our Keep Calm and Shop on Package. It’s always fun to treat yourself to a little enhancement to your vacation. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please email me directly the next time you wish to book your stay, cdejesus@meninhospitality.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice place to stay for a longer time. Rooms have a small equipped kitchen and are spacious. Bathrooms are also with a loot of space, a bit dark maybe. The bed is for two persons a bit on the small size. Matrasses are good quality.
Staff is very helpful and service-minded.
On the ground floor there is the restaurant Ola, great place for Ceviches. And packed every evening. You have to reserve if you want to try this place!

Room Tip: The rooms that are the farest away from the elevator area are the most silent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maarten, the Sanctuary South Beach rooms are designed to embody all the comforts of home. Ola’s ceviche’s are known across the city, the fire and ice is a fan favorite! Im pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will compliment the staff on the service they provided and please contact me when you are planning another trip for our preferred rates. cdejesus@meninhotels.com
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel.

Firstly when we arrived, the first room we were given was not cleaned, rubbish in the room, toothbrush, in the bathroom etc.

We swiftly moved rooms, the next room was simialr, very dark, there was only one small mirror in the room, there was a smell of damp, at the weekend there was noise from the restaurant which went on until 2am. Parking was USD 20 per day which is the norm for the area of south beach.

The complementary breakfast was very minimal.

Pros: Excellent location, less than 2 blocks from the beach, you can use the pool in the nearby sister hotel the Gale (4**** property in comparison).

Room Tip: Look for a room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tom, sorry to hear that your experience at Sanctuary South Beach was not a perfect one. We will definitely be taking your feedback and share with entire staff so that we can provide an excellent service to our guests. I hope you will give us another chance so that we can provide the service that we know we can deliver.