“Cozy suite hotel within walking distance of shopping & dining”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #149 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas
“Cozy suite hotel within walking distance of shopping & dining”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved this little ( only about 20 rooms) boutique hotel. It's not on the water - but only a few blocks away and an easy walk to Lincoln Street shops & restaurants and the famous Ocean Drive where the people watching is fun for all! I had a special package so the price was right ( about $200 per nite) and included breakfast, a couple of drink tickets for their famous restaurant and private transportation to the malls. The hotel manager and staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: I had a unit on the first floor that was close to the restaurant's bathroom - so it was a bit no...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Groovybead
Carlos D, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Groovybead, Our little boutique hotel is the perfect spot for guests who want to take advantage of all the South Beach has to offer, without that hefty price! I’m happy that you enjoyed your time with us and booked our Keep Calm and Shop on Package. It’s always fun to treat yourself to a little enhancement to your vacation. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please email me directly the next time you wish to book your stay, cdejesus@meninhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice place to stay for a longer time. Rooms have a small equipped kitchen and are spacious. Bathrooms are also with a loot of space, a bit dark maybe. The bed is for two persons a bit on the small size. Matrasses are good quality.
Staff is very helpful and service-minded.
On the ground floor there is the restaurant Ola, great place for Ceviches. And packed every evening. You have to reserve if you want to try this place!

Room Tip: The rooms that are the farest away from the elevator area are the most silent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maarten, the Sanctuary South Beach rooms are designed to embody all the comforts of home. Ola’s ceviche’s are known across the city, the fire and ice is a fan favorite! Im pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will compliment the staff on the service they provided and please contact me when you are planning another trip for our preferred rates. cdejesus@meninhotels.com
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel.

Firstly when we arrived, the first room we were given was not cleaned, rubbish in the room, toothbrush, in the bathroom etc.

We swiftly moved rooms, the next room was simialr, very dark, there was only one small mirror in the room, there was a smell of damp, at the weekend there was noise from the restaurant which went on until 2am. Parking was USD 20 per day which is the norm for the area of south beach.

The complementary breakfast was very minimal.

Pros: Excellent location, less than 2 blocks from the beach, you can use the pool in the nearby sister hotel the Gale (4**** property in comparison).

Room Tip: Look for a room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tom, sorry to hear that your experience at Sanctuary South Beach was not a perfect one. We will definitely be taking your feedback and share with entire staff so that we can provide an excellent service to our guests. I hope you will give us another chance so that we can provide the service that we know we can deliver.
Zürich, Schweiz
Reviewed January 1, 2014

we were a week in Miami and stayed at the Sanctuary. We had a good time, although the weather was not so good, was raining 2 days and most other days cloudy and windy... So we had to shop a lot. The location of the hotel is very good for shopping, but also for going out, very nice restaurants and bars are just next to it (Bar at the Gale, Regent Hotel is very nice).
The room is a bit dark and the balcony into backyard is loud (from Kitchen) and not to use (only for smoking). The cleaning was also not so good, had always dirty feet after walking around barefoot in the room. The light in the bathroom (over the mirror) is not enough. It is just a challenge to put make up. Breakfast was okay, until 11am, that is very good.
The restaurant OLA in the ground floor is great and very crouded. Nice food but no so cheap..
All in all okay stay but not great.
All in all okay, but

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We came down during the Christmas holiday for 8 days. Room was very nice and clean. Staff super friendly and helpful. The restaurant in the hotel is very popular and packed to capacity every single night of our stay. I had read other reviews that said parking was a problem or they didn't care much for the valet service across the street. We had nothing but GREAT service from the valet, the owner is very helpful and we trusted him. No problems whatsoever and it was great to have the parking across the street for our entire stay. The hotel has a small breakfast set up in the mornings and we enjoyed it. Very close to the beach, with a nice access to the beach area and use of the beach club chairs and towels. I very much recommend the Sanctuary South Beach. Perfect location and close to the Lincoln street shops and restaurants as well as easy walk or bike down Collins to 5th and beyond.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank speedymt
Many thanks for such positive feedback and recommendations of the hotel! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with all of the amenities that we provide our guests. Our perfect location puts you steps from Lincoln Road Restaurants and Shopping as well as the beach! Please contact me when planning your next visit. cdejesus@meninhotels.com and I also will give you my favorite spots for your next bike ride!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed in the Sanctuary two times on business trip, the first time for three weeks and the second time for one week, I really enjoyed their great hospitality and their outstanding service along with free WI-FI and breakfast included!!
I felt really great when almost everyone knew me and greet me by my name after few days from staying, I'll highly recommend the Sanctuary hotel to anyone visiting Miami south beach.

Special thanks to the district manager Oscar, hotel manager Carols and their team for making my stay at the Sanctuary a pleasant and memorable one!!

Maged Moawed
Regional Manager
16 Handles

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Mr. Moawed for this wonderful review. I gives me great pleasure to have you as our repeat guest. I will forward your comments to our entire staff. We have actually just created a special Business Package that is available on our website, which includes some great enhancements such as dry cleaning services, complimentary coffee and WiFi with your rate. Perhaps that will be of interest to you. From my hotel family to yours, we look forward to your return.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I just got back from a week stay at the Sanctuary South Beach and cannot say enough good things about it. The stay from start to finish was incredible. They have the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. From being invited to their staff xmas party for drinks and dancing, their large beautiful rooms, the perfect location just a short walk to everywhere you'd want to be, a great section on the beach and access to their sister properties large pool...we were really treated like vip's. Extra thank you's to Carlos, Louis and Hektor to making this trip extra special. We can't wait to go back. If you want a hotel that has everything that you would need in South Beach this is the place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello and Thank you for this excellent review. It gives great pleasure that you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to share with us our holiday party. A special shout out will be given to all team members. When you are ready to visit us again please email me at cdejesus@meninhotels.com so that I can extend a preferred rate.