“It was good as long as you're not picky”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #149 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
toronto
“It was good as long as you're not picky”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The place is a boutique hotel
its very nice the rooms are very big! The paid in advance for the room but they charged me the full amount as a deposit and it was returned 3 days after i left.
Pool is VERY small i was calling it the big bath! no one uses it so you can have some peace and quiet up there.
They also have a bar and restaurant up there.
The location is amazing your so close to washington street which is the main strip where everything is

Like i said it wasnt dirty it has a "musty pool smell" its not overpowering.
The only bad thing is the night reception guy is SO RUDE!! He will not help you in anyway so make sure if you need something get it before he arrives!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank l k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We booked, and paid-in-full, for three nights at this hotel. Upon check in, we were told we had to walk two blocks to another hotel and tomorrow pack our belongings and move back to our original hotel. The hotel staff was helpless and nonchalant about their error. There is no manager on duty, therefore we are still waiting for a remedy this entirely unacceptable situation.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank stefanie404

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 4, 2013

beautiful hidden oasis away from crazy noise, but close to Lincoln Road where outdoor cafes are to all likings ,great restaurant for dinner ,roof top pool, is not deep but the surreal surroundings are beautiful in the garden atmosphere, great for relaxation
Carlos the Manager does a great deal to assist and make sure your stay is comfortable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you Richie for your awesome comments, We are in the perfect location, close to it all the hotspots in South Beach. I’m glad that you got to relax in our roof top pool. Look forward to seeing you back soon.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to spend a night in South Beach after a week long family cruise. We were looking for an Art Deco boutique hotel near Bass MoA, Lincoln, and the beach. After reading some so-so reviews we were pleasantly surprised! The location was perfect- close to everything, yet still very quiet. The large contemporary suites were perfect after living in a state room for a week. Also the front desk was super nice and accommodating!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SiBuck8
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for posting this wonderful review and I’m glad that you enjoyed your suite accommodations with us. I hope you were able to walk a block over to Lincoln Road and enjoy some great shopping and dining. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our suites. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was more beautiful than I expected! The atrium was the first thing I noticed on my way to our room. It is absolutely beautiful & so serene. It really set the tone for the entire trip. The room was gorgeous, spacious, & comfortable. It was just what was needed to have a special trip with that special someone! The staff has excellent customer service & the hotel is in the perfect location for everything that you could want to do while staying in SOBE. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Your feedback has really made my day. Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful experience at Sanctuary. We aim to provide a relaxing and serene environment for our guests in South Beach, while at the same time being right in the middle of all the action! Im pleased to hear that we provided a memorable trip for you and your special someone. I will share your comments with the rest of our staff and look forward to serving you in the near future. Please contact me cdejesus@meninhotels.com for preferred rates.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my hotel experience at the Sanctuary South Beach. The location is perfect right off collins and within walking distance to the beach and lincoln mall. The staff was very friendly and there were no issues during our stay. The perks are the continental breakfast and the suites are very spacious. I truly enjoyed the atrium and the pool on the 3rd floor. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your overall stay was memorable and you enjoyed your experience at Sanctuary South Beach. Our excellent location enables our guests to enjoy all the wonder attractions of South Beach just outside our door. We appreciate your comments on the breakfast and our spacious suites. We value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Please contact me at cdejesus@meninhotels.com when you wish to stay with us again at a special rates.
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while I attended a trade show at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The staff were very friendly upon check in and during my entire stay. After driving all day I didn't wish to venture out for dinner. I went to the bar where Elizabeth (I hope I got that right) the bar tender mixed up my very first Mojito and I had some pork rib empanadas. It really hit the spot, and she was great company. I loved my suite and the mix of old and new style. The bed was comfy and the a/c system not too noisy. There was some cool lighting in the suite. The bathroom sink was quite large and trendy, but not enough room on the counter for me to spread out all the stuff I bring. I worked around it. The suite has a nice little kitchen which would be great if I were cooking for myself. I wished there was coffee for the coffee maker. There is a little breakfast bar where you can use your computer, but it is not big enough to spread out work. Some sort of work table or desk would have been nice. It really is a continental breakfast, cereal, milk, yogurt, fruit danish and the most important COFFEE, but it was fine for me. The room does open to the inside but there is no roof over that part, which is quite neat, since there is bamboo & water flowing...but not good when there is rain.The pool is small,OK for me if I want to swim since I mostly just want to jog in place but, I never used it, never had time. I did like going up there for the view at night. They gave me information on a sister hotel that had a bigger pool and fitness equipment, I was welcome to use the facilities. I walked to the Convention Center so I didn't have to pay for extra parking. I liked it and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Rochelle for taking the time to post this review. How exciting that we took part in your first Mojito experience! I can only hope it wont be your last. The Sanctuary South Beach is ideal for business travelers, especially those attending conferences and conventions at the Miami Beach Convention Center, just steps away! Your feedback is very important to us and it gives me joy that your overall experience at Sanctuary was wonderful. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservations as we have a new business package that we will be adding to our website shortly, which I think would interest you during your next business trip to Miami. Please email me prior to your arrival to coordinate your stay at cdejesus@meninhotels.com