“Good Value for Price”

Ranked #147 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good Value for Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a night at the Sanctuary to experience a stay at a hotel without beach access. What sold it to me was the roof top pool as their website made it seem extravagant. I would definitely say otherwise. It was, what seemed like, a kiddie pool. I couldn't believe it and walked the entire roof looking for the pool they noted so highly.
Besides this, their service was welcoming and the rooms were beautiful. If you don't mind the pool and no beach access, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your high praises of our service. I am pleased to hear that you found our 1 bedroom suites accommodating. I apologize if your expectations were not met; however we do provide complimentary access to our private beach club across the street which gives you access to chairs, towels and a wide range of activities. We also grant our guests access to our sister hotel’s rooftop pool, Gale South Beach. I encourage you to email me upon your next return so you can take full advantage of all of our amenities at Sanctuary South Beach. Please email sanctuaryfd@meninhotels.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked on Travelocity and was told this was a 5 star hotel. I don't know where they came up with that. The place was roomy and decorated modern/ikea-esque. It looked thrown together and not ready for tenants. The bathroom was huge but the marble floors are dangerous when wet and there is no door to the shower. The shower heads were dirty with mold and there were two shower heads but one didn't work. The faucet to the tub didn't work either. The floor had cracks in it and there was a dirty q-tip laying in the crack. ewwws The lighting was terrible and there is no counter space to put your things. I had to use the sink. The kitchenette consisted of a microwave( dirty) a refrigerator (not stocked) and a sink( no soap). There was also a little kuerig but didn't use it. The bed was reasonably comfortable. There is a tiny tv in the bedroom off to the corner but no cable. We open the window off to the bedroom which has a semiprivate sitting area except there were dirty utensils, broken tiles, dirty bucket from the maid, cleaning supplies and last but not least a dirty toilet. So I closed the window. It would have been nice to sit outside but that was disgusting. The air conditioning was loud and you could hear other guests outside and the water flowing from the pipes. Parking was expensive, $30 but I expected it. This place needs to be deep cleaned and the walls painted. Not to mention a handyman to fix everything that is broken. No one should have been staying in that room and I feel ripped off. Never going to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank excusemeimlost
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
On behalf of Sanctuary Hotel we are extremely disappointed to learn of your perception of the room you stayed in. WE will use your feedback constructively in our continued effort to meet our guests needs. Our goal is to provide service and accommodations that is beyond guest expectations, and it is very unfortunate that we did not achieve this during your stay. I truly hope for another opportunity to change your impressions in the near future. Please email me directly at cdejesus@meninhotels.com if you wish to discuss further as we value you as our guest.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Both the service and the location of this hotel are wonderful. I purchased the rooms through Groupon at $99/night. I wanted to add an additional night after the deal was over, and MIKE was excellent in accommodating a great rate. Prior to being able to book the extra night I called 2 or 3 times, and Mike was the only one that settled everything. Also, at some point during our stay, the front desk wasn't able to locate our key, and Mike was the one who resolved the problem the next day. He was very helpful and full of great suggestions!

Management, if you are reading this, you should give him a big promotion! :)

The awesomeness of this hotel entails its
1. proximity to the beach -- just 2 blocks away.
2. availability of a microwave in the room -- so you can buy TV dinners in CVS and save money on crazy-priced Miami dining.
3. balcony! Personally, this is a must for me. There aren't a lot of rooms in Miami where you can get a balcony room, especially at a reasonable price.
4. access to the pool on the roof top (very shallow) and at a rooftop of the hotel across the street (beautiful view, great pool, games and drinks available at the poolside)
5. the room has a bedroom (with a TV) and a little living room/kitchen area (ALSO with a TV)
6. continental breakfast included - cereal, muffins, croissants, coffee/tea/juice/milk, cream cheese, jelly, danish, fruit.
7. restaurant available on site- has great reviews.

Room Tip: Second floor is great - there is an inner yard so if you are on the second floor you get a view of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this most rewarding feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to create fond memories for our guests, and we are truly delighted to learn that Michael has accomplished this for you. We sincerely appreciate your flattering compliments about our rooms, location and accommodations and hope to see you again in the near future.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Restaurant was beautiful and hotel decor was very nice. Modern and beautiful. However, the renovations were done so cheaply that the place is falling apart. The shower handle to turn on the water broke off and the faucet was loose. The bed was of the worst quality and uncomfortable. Not to mention it squeaked quite a bit. Reminds me of my college dorm bed 15 years ago. But the location was great. 2 blocks from the water. For the price, it's hard to beat. Parking was steep, $30 a night across the street. I'd probably stay here again cause of overall value.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mahndoo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, as your comments are important to us. We are saddened to learn of your dissatisfaction with the accommodations. We do our absolute best to ensure all guests are comfortable and content during their stay. We hope for an opportunity to provide a more enjoyable experience for you in the near future.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend to celebrate my birthday with some friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room... Living room and kitchen in the front with the bedroom separate from that space. The restaurant at the front is VERY busy and made it awkward to check in. The rooftop pool is small but was empty of guests so we had a great time. As a Miami native I have to say thus location is great. Walking distance to Lincoln Rd (full of shops and restaurants) and literally a block from the beach. They informed us of access to a nearby pool and we have to say that was the best perk. That pool had great loungers, provided guests with sun lotion and Popsicles. It also had great rooftop views and a bar. We love south beach and enjoyed our staycation at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cris s
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted that your overall experience was a great one and you were able to take advantage of all the perks we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was booked on Hotwire for a girls weekend getaway. The price was low compared to other South Beach hotels, but clearly, you get what you pay for. The hotel is in a good location but the service needs improvement. Upon checking in and inspecting the room, it was modern but slightly run down or just not clean enough (stains on furniture, bedding, and bathtub). It was big with a separate sitting area with a kitchenette. There were no washcloths present in the room and we had to ask for them every single day that we were there. Housekeeping did not clean our room until after 6pm on most days. I was told that there was going to be a sofa bed, but there was just a sofa that I was told could be used as a bed when sheets were added. The pool on the rooftop is so small that it is only for wading (like a big whirlpool). Fortunately, we were told that we could use the pool down the street at their sister hotel (a really nice rooftop pool). There was daily breakfast which consisted of old cereal, muffins, and waffles. We also saw other guests complaining about their rooms and the service as well. Overall, not a 3 1/2 star hotel; more like a 2 1/2 star!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I want to apologize for any inconveniences encountered with our services. Our goal is to provide service that is above and beyond guest expectations, and it is unfortunate that we did not achieve this during your stay. I promise to look into these matters and if given the chance to serve better, we will not let you down.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My name is Shamra Ennis and I stayed at the sanctuary for my first time in South beach. The people there were extremely nice and welcoming. Anytime we needed anything they would be quick to respond and did everything they could to make our stay as nice as possible. Especially Jose Llerena who always made sure we had the best of everything. He was a highlight of our trip, he was super friendly, always greeted us with a smile, and very accommodating. I can't wait to come back and spend more time in South beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carlos D, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your review. I will be sure to pass this recognition on to Jose. We look forward to your next visit!!!