Sanctuary South Beach
$258
$209
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
$149
  • Pool
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$399
  • Pool
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$220
$197
Room Mate Hotels
  • Beachfront
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$169
Official Hotel
$179
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$268
$199
Travelocity
  • Pool
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
$135
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop poolsouth beachlincoln roadsister propertycontinental breakfastliving areasmall kitchenrooms are largeenjoyed my staythe hotel managerlocation is excellentocean driveolablockgalemiamimicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a convention at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The location is great! just a couple of blocks off the ocean, a couple blocks to the convention center and a couple blocks from Lincoln Mall area. It made for easy walking. Unfortunately the only good thing about the hotel is the location. The elevator was "out of order" my entire 3 day stay. Not only was this an inconvenience, it was a HUGE safety issue as well since there was no working exit access near my room at the front of the hotel on the 2nd floor. The room is large, however the large flat screen TV is in the sitting area and not the bedroom so watching TV from the bed was not possible except on a little tiny, too high mounted tv tucked into the back corner. No ceiling fan in the bedroom area either. There were bugs in the bath room! Housekeeping came in and made the bed however they failed to actually clean the room. They left the dirty glasses in the sink and didn't wipe it out as there was still traces of make up in the basin. Both mornings when I showered between 8:30 -9:00 AM there was no hot water. When I mentioned this to the front desk, the guy was unsympathetic until another guest spoke up and said she is telling the truth, I didn't have hot water either. Then the front desk guy was just embarrassed. Finally they add insult to injury by insisting that they have to "pre-authorize/charge and additional $300 for "incidentals" over the normal room charges when you check in. Of course it takes almost a week for the charge to go back to your card.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kim w
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I just came back from south beach and my experience was awesome. The staff was super nice, very helpful on what to do and eat, and very insightful. Juan was super cool and friendly. Thank for everything guys.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I did my research before booking my recent trip to Miami Beach. The Sanctuary South Beach seem to have ok reviews so we gave it a shot. I will never stay at this property again or recommend it. The room are large; however, they are not so clean. The first night we were there we found glitter, food crumbs and hair all over the sheets of the bed. The floors had sand everywhere. We were there for five days and had hot water every other day. It became a joke if we would have a cold or hot shower.

The staff was nice but not so helpful. We asked about recommendations for dinner and things to do in the area. Beyond suggesting the resturant attached to the hotel, they were not much help. the hotel doesn't have ice machines for guests to access themselves. You have to call the front desk to get ice which isn't so bad if someone actually brings it. We called the front desk three times to request ice and never got it. One morning, we needed towels. After calling the front desk twice and no one answering, I walked to the desk. The staff member told me they could not get me towels because the cleaning closet was locked until the cleaning staff arrrived. Staff never got back to us and we had to hunt down the cleaning staff ourselves later in the morning. Also, our room had no remote control for the televisions.

The kicker of the whole stay was one evening when we arrived back to the hotel late and couldn't get into our room. Both of the keys would not work. We ventured to the front desk to get new keys only to find the front desk was not staffed. After searching the hotel for a staff member and waiting 30 minutes, a staff member walked through the front door and explained he had a right to a break. Leaving the hotel front desk unattended is not acceptable service to me. As a guest, I found this to be a major security issue especially since there were 'master' room keys sitting on the front desk out in the open. The staff member did not apologize for the inconvinence and was almost rude.

We asked the front desk when we first arrived about chairs on the beach. We were given a card that was supposed to save us 50% with one of the chair rental places. What a rip off! We were charged $74 for four chairs and two umbrellas. The next day were went to another area to get charis and umbrellas. Without our discount, we paid less than $50 for the four chairs and two umbrellas.

The hotel may be in a great location but not worth it. This was my second trip to the area and paid much less last time for a much nicer hotel. I will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank 0405KAS1981
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have to say .....I was most impressed by the very friendly and personable staff. I stay there twice a year and am treated very well. Its nice yo go back and always see the same friendly and recognizable faces ! They have nice size rooms and location is great for the convention center :)
My favorite staff members .... Juan and Augusto! Look for them ;)
Have fun

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank M A
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for the positive feedback and kudos to our staff. Indeed, the majority of our staff has been with us for many years, making us less of a hotel and more of a home. Make sure you reach out to us directly for your next stay.

Warm regards,
Oscar

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed for four days right after Easter. Had a pretty good stay overall. The hotel is located very close to the beach, and Lincoln Rd. on a quieter side street. It definitely had a quieter crowd staying there, which was what we were looking for. We arrived very early because of an early morning flight into Ft. Lauderdale and the front desk checked us in at about 11am which was nice. We asked for a 2nd floor room, but ended up on the first (probably due to the early check in, which was an ok trade off).

The rooms are very big for South Beach. Fully stocked wine/beverage fridge fit a lot of stuff nicely with a little rearranging. Room was clean and comfortable. There were some little things that like no hangers, a mini ironing board, and no access to ice without calling to the front desk which were inconvenient.

The first floor rooms was pretty dark, even in daytime. If we returned I'd want to make sure of having a second floor which got more sunlight. The air conditioning in the room certainly worked, maybe even too well. At times the room was very damp, which seemed to be due to the AC. The shower/toilet area was a little wacky. There was no partition/curtain dividing the shower from the toilet. It was a cool looking design, but the problem was when you actually showered, water got EVERYWHERE.

Over The Sanctuary is a good hotel to stay at if you are a couple looking for a good quiet place to stay in normally crazy South Beach. We didn't try the restaurant, but it smelled damn good. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor. More sunlight.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis C
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback from your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. We have constantly been upgrading our hotel facilities to improve our guest experience. I apologize if this interfered with your stay. I am gald that you were able to take advantage of our prime location in south beach and we look forward to having you back in the near future.