“Great Place To Stay - Steak Mediocre”

Shula's Steak House at the Alexander Hotel
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oceanfront
Cross street: Collins Ave
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place To Stay - Steak Mediocre”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The resort itself is wonderful, but coming from Chicago, the filet mignon was average at best. Very bland and they had a difficult time gauging medium rare with rare. Our table ordered 5 filet mignons (two rare and three med-rare) and they all were the same temperature and color. Disappointed with the calamari, also. Definitely better food experiences with steak and seafood back home (Chicago).

Visited June 2013

Miami, Florida
“Miami Spice”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went there for Miami Spice lunch. Had a good ceasar salad and prime rib with a mediocre key lime desert for $23. Beer was $6. Nothing really special about the place but a view of the pool and beach was nice.

• Visited August 2013
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We too went there because we'd arrived at the hotel that day and it was easy. And I will agree that Carmine was an incredible waiter. Shame the food was not as good as the staff. For an appetizer we had the calamari fries. Tasty but a tiny portion. The bread that came with the meal was probably the best part. For our main courses: I chose the filet, medium, expecting it to be wonderful. It was bland and grey. No steak should ever be grey and there was not a hint of seasoning. My husband ordered the cowboy steak, medium. It came well done but he never complains. One of my sons had a burger which in his creative description was "OK". My other children had scallops and crab cakes. Again just OK. The kicker was the bill. One drink each, no dessert and over $300 for a crappy meal. It really should be 1 star but Carmine earned it the other

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best steaks I ever had”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family went here for dinner and the restaurant was empty which was a surprise. Really nice place, well decorated. We really enjoyed our meals - fantastic steaks, we tried the 24oz Porterhouse and the filet mignon, both were so succulent, and spinach and Lobster Mashed Potatoes for sides and the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake for dessert. You would need to share the dessert cos it is quire heavy, and if you are not a big steak eater then you could definitely share the 22/24 oz steak. Well worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Thusha4
Alexis R, Business Development Manager at Shula's Steak House at the Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thusha,

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and the food exceeded your expectations! I noticed you visited all the way from London. Now that's quite a trip! We are honored that you chose to dine with us at Shula's on Miami Beach.

As a first time diner, you can rest assure knowing that you chose THE BEST cut on the menu. The 24 ounce Porterhouse is one of my personal favorites. I like to refer to it as "the BESTof both worlds." It is the PERFECT combination of both, the mouthwatering Filet Mignon and the juicy New York Sirloin Strip. If you were to ask any steak lover, they will tell you how incredibly tender and flavorful the Shula's Porterhouse Steak is. But in this case, you didn't have to ask since you were able to experience the succulent taste for yourself!

Our team thanks you for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts and sharing your experience with us and our fans. We hope that this experience has made you a RAVING FAN of Shula's Steak House.

If you are ever back in the United States, please let me know. It would be my ultimate pleasure to have you dine with us again. I will personally see that your future dinners are just as wonderful as the last

Alexis

P.S. If you liked our Molten Lava Chocolate Cake, then you will absolutely die for our Chocolate Souffle!
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“My Private Dining Experience On Saturday, July 20, 2013”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 We had a Top-Shelf Family Dinner in Shula’s Steakhouse, 5225 Collins Avenue on Miami Beach, Florida. The hot, fresh and delicious Bread served with Real Creamy Butter was mouth watering and set the tone. I really enjoyed the Creamy Lobster Bisque Soup and Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Salad. The Wine Pairing was Absolutely on Target in combination with My Succulent Blackened Scallops served with a Palate Pleasing Corn Blend. We finished our Fine Dining Experience with a Heavenly Dessert Selection. The Service, Food and Overall Fine Dining Experience was Excellent from start-to-finish and My Family is ready to schedule our next Family Dinner in Shula’s. To Plan your next Fine Dining Event I Highly Recommend you Contact Alexis Rivero on (305) 341-6500, ext. 2884 or e-mail on arivero@alexanderhotel.com.

• Visited July 2013
Alexis R, Business Development Manager at Shula's Steak House at the Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Glenn,

Thank you for taking the time to share with our fans how wonderful your experience at Shula's was. We are thrilled to read your 5 star review and are happy that we have made a Raving Fan out of you! As you may know, after experiencing it firsthand, at Shula's we serve the BEST beef money can buy. We take pride in our food quality, presentation and service, and we truly appreciate your positive feedback.

Once again, thank you and we can't wait to have you back!

All the best,