“Great service”

Ranked #9 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Prima Pasta is one of the best Italian restaurant in South Florida.Since 1993 Cafe Prima Pasta has been nominated "one of the best" by The Miami Herald and Zagat.We specialize in homemade pasta, bread and desserts, this is the place choose by many celebrities such as John Travolta, Matt Damon, Don Shula, Steven Bauer, Cindy Crawford, Joe Jackson, Jon Secada, Gloria Stefan, Lili Stefan, Lenny Cravitz, Michael Jordan, Iggy Pop, the BeeGees, Fleetwoodmac, ub40, Charly Garcia, Calle 13, Mana, Diego Torres and many many more.Very Fresh Italian food and good service.Give us a try.
“Great service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Giuseppe the manager was very accommodating seating our family. We had about a 20 min wait, but for a Saturday night, not to bad. Oscar M. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Salad was large enough to split. Pasta fugal was like my grandma's from Catania. My spaghetti w/ meatballs was delicious. The veal Parma was excellent. Great value for the dollar. Can't wait to come back.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Food and staff the best !”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Henry at the bar always makes you feel at home, and the food is the best Italian in Miami. Everyone likes to find the best "local" spot, and this is it!

Miami, Florida
“All around fantastic experience.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Wow wow wow. What a MEAL! I took my aunt there for her birthday based on all the great Tripadvisor reviews and they did not disappoint. We got there around 9 on a friday and the place was slammed. We were told by a tall, handsome gentleman at the front that the wait would be around 30 minutes. We went by the bar, ordered a glass of wine, and by the time our lips touched the rim the table was ready.

Our server Elena was great, she described this linguini with crab crusted shrimp Special so well that we both ended up getting it and jesus christ was that thing delicious. It wasn't just some tiny shrimp in a tiny ball of crab, but full on sized crabcakes with gulf shrimp in them. It was absolutely fantastic. To start off our meal we also had the caprese and we shared a portion of their carpaccio di manzo. Holy hell was thing tasty! I really should have gotten one for myself. I've looked up recipes online but I feel that there's something missing because a dish this tasty could not be this simply made.

Another highlight of our dinner was Elena's server assistant. I feel bad not remembering her name, but I do remember her fantastic attitude, and efficiency. She was cuban, short, cheerful, and a delight whenever she came around.

All around a great experience here and I can't wait to bring my wife to this place to show her :D

Thanks Prima Pasta for the great meal!

Visited February 2014
Jupiter, FL
“Awesome family or romantic restaurant”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I must say, when I saw the TripAdvisor rating on this establishment I was skeptical. Who am I kidding I am always skeptical. However, I hadn't been there before so I thought I would try it.
I liked the atmosphere on arrival. A sport coat clothed host took my family (wife and 1 & 4 year olds) to a great terrace table. We were immediately greeted by "Hayer", an beautiful Italian waitress who captured the attention of my hungry and less than admirably behaved children. She efficiently took our orders with a genuine interest and passion for her profession. The children were captivated immediately and they waited eagerly for her return.
The dishes arrived expeditiously to our surprise. The cuisine was fantastic. We wanted for nothing as our attentive wait staff were available and anticipated our needs. I
I ordered Agnolatti while my wife ordered the Shrimp Ala Vodka. The kids split our meals and there was plenty. We had a bottle of wine and an incredible dessert for the kids, okay, my wife and I tried some. Each meal was presented well and rivaled meals I have indulged in Italy.
The price was very reasonable and I enjoyed every moment. While I cannot say that this was one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant, it was well worth the money. I will return again. I hope we can enjoy the same waitress.
While we ate on a lovely terrace, I noted quaint romantic tables tucked away inside. Perhaps next time we will deprive the children and enjoy a romantic dinner alone.

“Wow amazing ”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The truffle pear pasta was our of this world. This might be my last meal wish. I didn't love the house bread, so I might request a more crusty bread. Other than that, it was awesome!!!!