“Best of the Best”

Ranked #9 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Prima Pasta is one of the best Italian restaurant in South Florida.Since 1993 Cafe Prima Pasta has been nominated "one of the best" by The Miami Herald and Zagat.We specialize in homemade pasta, bread and desserts, this is the place choose by many celebrities such as John Travolta, Matt Damon, Don Shula, Steven Bauer, Cindy Crawford, Joe Jackson, Jon Secada, Gloria Stefan, Lili Stefan, Lenny Cravitz, Michael Jordan, Iggy Pop, the BeeGees, Fleetwoodmac, ub40, Charly Garcia, Calle 13, Mana, Diego Torres and many many more.Very Fresh Italian food and good service.Give us a try.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went for the early bird special - the portions are huge and delicious. We had Nicolas Cea as our server and he was outstanding! Prompt, courteous, friendly with great suggestions.
Best value in Miami. Strongly suggest you go but make reservations as it can get busy especially on the weekend.

1  Thank luv2stayOntario
Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Cafe Prima Pasta delivered the trifecta of a dining experience - delicious food, outstanding service and a warm, pleasant atmosphere. We were promptly greeted by Giuseppe when we arrived. He welcomed us as if we were family, although it was just our first visit to the restaurant. The dining room is large, but with many smaller areas which gave it a cozy feel. I felt like I was in a old neighborhood restaurant in Chicago or Philly. Very comfortable.

Our server, Christian, was great. Personable, attentive and professional, Christian was knowledgable about the wines, the menu and offered some detailed suggestions that were quite helpful as the menu is large.

We started with the meatball & ricotta appetizer which was very good. My husband had a linguini with shrimp entree that he really enjoyed. I ordered the veal Parmesan which was excellent. The tomato sauce was robust and the veal was prepared perfectly. The portions are very generous and we brought home enough for lunch today. For dessert we shared a wonderful tiramisu which was more cake-like, and not drown in syrupy liqueur. Delish!

Overall, we really had a lovely evening and cannot wait to return and bring friends. This will become a regular destination for us. I just wish we had not waited so long to try it!

1  Thank Dagny33028
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wonderful restaurant for all occasions...we have been there as a romantic dinner and we have been there with our children. This is a five star restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is amazing. Andreu and Douglas were our servers and they gave us incredible service. I highly recommend this restaurant. Every time I go I always want to return.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Johnny our waiter was very helpful with selection of food and kept our meal moving forward at a good pace. Highly recommend the crab ravioli with lobster sauce...to die for!!! Enjoy!!!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My penne alla vodka was great, the sauce was amazing, and the tiramisu was the best I've ever had. Our waiter Johnny was fantastic and the service was unlike any other.