“Excellent experience”

Ranked #11 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Prima Pasta is one of the best Italian restaurant in South Florida.Since 1993 Cafe Prima Pasta has been nominated "one of the best" by The Miami Herald and Zagat.We specialize in homemade pasta, bread and desserts, this is the place choose by many celebrities such as John Travolta, Matt Damon, Don Shula, Steven Bauer, Cindy Crawford, Joe Jackson, Jon Secada, Gloria Stefan, Lili Stefan, Lenny Cravitz, Michael Jordan, Iggy Pop, the BeeGees, Fleetwoodmac, ub40, Charly Garcia, Calle 13, Mana, Diego Torres and many many more.Very Fresh Italian food and good service.Give us a try.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I went with my family a few weeks ago, for the first time, and we were really impressed with the friendly crew, the family environment. The food was awesome, very fresh, very tasty; everything at the right point. Definitely, we will come back again and I already recommend the restaurant to my friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We entered the café prima pasta to a great greeting, very authentic, the man made us feel quite special kiss - kiss 'welcome back' (we've never been there before so I guess he says that to everyone) and that's where it ended! Our table was ok and the pictures around the walls were cool. Our waiter and waitress made no effort or made any other conversation with us other than taking our order. The prawns and scallops were nice, the calamari not up to scratch at all, lots of fried zucchini. We asked for a childs portion of lasagne but that was obviously too much effort for them, I found a huge piece of PLASTIC in my lasagne which questions whether this is bought in!! (usually I would go for something more exciting but thought that it would be very good here). I have never been served so quickly we felt very in-out, The whole experience took an hour, I wanted so much for this to be a great meal in a place where people spoke to you and made an effort, we are here for 3 nights and then fly back to the UK, this was supposed to be special. I feel very short changed, there was no apology for my extra plastic, no complimentary anything. I would not recommend this restaurant at all and why is it number 1 on trip advisor, I do not know. I have never written on this site before so I guess that shows how disappointed I was.

4  Thank zoe t
Reviewed November 4, 2013

So we had dinner here following all the great reviews, miserable waitress, rushed service, whole dinner just over an hour, we found a large piece of plastic in our lasagne for which there was no apology, overall a very below average experience. No accounting for children as we were charged full price. I wouldn't go back or recommend to anyone.

1  Thank jason t
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been to Café Prima Pasta on three different occasions. Each time was great. They have a really nice environment inside the restaurant. The food and service are both excellent. I would highly recommend if you are wanting Italian food in Miami Beach.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

What more can I say?
The food, atmosphere and service was exceptional. If you're in the miami area, u have to get there!
Also to get more bang for your buck, go during their 'happy hour' around 5-6pm everyday to get the discounted menu.
Even then, service and food quality was not comprised. Our server, Jose was so attentive and seasoned. They provided such high standards of service. Superb experience in miami beach. Def hoping to return.