“Great dining experience”

Ranked #7 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Prima Pasta is one of the best Italian restaurant in South Florida.Since 1993 Cafe Prima Pasta has been nominated "one of the best" by The Miami Herald and Zagat.We specialize in homemade pasta, bread and desserts, this is the place choose by many celebrities such as John Travolta, Matt Damon, Don Shula, Steven Bauer, Cindy Crawford, Joe Jackson, Jon Secada, Gloria Stefan, Lili Stefan, Lenny Cravitz, Michael Jordan, Iggy Pop, the BeeGees, Fleetwoodmac, ub40, Charly Garcia, Calle 13, Mana, Diego Torres and many many more.Very Fresh Italian food and good service.Give us a try.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was in Miami Beach for a day and stopped in with my 8-yr old daughter on a Wed night and was lucky enough to get a table without a reservation. The restaurant got busier as the night went on, though.

The atmosphere is great - casual, but a little bit upscale (i.e. no tie required, but wear a decent pair of shoes) - and the food was fantastic. The service was outstanding. The cost was a little more than what I'm used to in the Midwest, but the rent on Miami Beach is also a little more than it is in Dairyland USA, and the bill was certainly reasonable. Overall, the meal was worth every penny, especially considering how good the service was. I'll be making a return visit here the next time I'm in Miami.

And one more note on the service: I left a bag of my daughter's belongings behind at the restaurant but we didn't realize it was missing until we were all the way on the other side of the state at Sanibel Island. I contacted the restaurant and the owner ended up mailing the package to my home, at his cost. It got there before we did. The good service goes all the way to the top! How can you not love that?

2  Thank Mike O
There are newer reviews for Cafe Prima Pasta

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant is a MUST if you are visiting Miami or if you live in Miami and are looking for the best gastronomic experience in town. Everything here is great, the atmosphere, the food, the personnel, EVERYTHING.

I live in Miami Beach, and almost every time I feel like dining out my first place in mind is Cafe Prima Pasta. The risotto al fungi porcini with truffles is awesome, the best I have ever tried. The crab raviolotti with lobster sauce are exquisite; and of course, I can not give an end to my food review without mentioning the beef carpaccio and a stuffed pasta (which I do not remember the name on the menu) with pears and gruyere with a sauce containing proscuitto and artichoke. The food here is wonderful I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Regarding the personnel RAY AND JOHNNY, who have been my waiters several times are great hosts, they gave us free champagne (on the house) on one occasion and on another gave us samvca (on the house as well). They are very nice and funny and will try to please you on everything you request.

Definitely the best place to go if you enjoy good food and a good ambience. 100% recommended.

1  Thank Karla L
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First, I'll say that that teenie thing was not even something to gripe about. That's because the food and wine and the service were all OUTSTANDING! There were six of us at the table and everyone was very happy with their dishes and some even insisted that I taste their choice because it was so good....and, after tasting, it was. My pasta entree (with lamb ragu) was one of the very best of this dish that I've ever had and it is a dish that I very frequently order when dining in Italian restaurants in the US and in Italy.

The atmosphere, here, is tasteful and even festive and the staff is very personable and does everything to please.

Okay, so the "teenie thing": I ordered a glass of moscato as a dessert wine, which was brought to me in a glass that had more in it that I am accustomed to. Well, it was cloyingly sweet and, from my experience, arguably...not even moscato. I suspected that it was on the wrong side of "turning bad" because it was so sweet and dark in color and didn't even have the true aroma of a moscato, and so I asked the waiter to see the bottle from which it was poured. He happily agreed and brough me an identical bottle from which it came. It was a single-portion-sized bottle of Berringer California Moscato. I had never tasted or seen anything like it before and I thought that Italy was the sole source of moscato. Obviously, to anyone who enjoys a real moscato, this is a sign that commercialism and reduced attention to quality is encroaching on us. It seems clear that the restaurant's intentions were noble and rather than keep an open bottle of rarely requested moscato in the fridge for the very occasional request for it, in which case it is bound to go wasted, the bartender chose to avail the restaurant of accepting Berringer's seemingly unique single-porion-bottle. So much for that idea! The waiters. I would add, were very nice about this and with smiles, immediately offered to simply take it off the bill.

NOTICE: This SHOULD NOT DISTRACT from the EXCELLENT REVIEW that this is intended to be. Berringer ought to be ashamed of itself and not make moscato for fun and profit...and I hope that this and every other Italian restaurant gives thumbs down to that nonsense.

Should you go to this fine Italian restaurant, you will have a great experience, I'm sure!

1  Thank Avrumeleh B
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After going to Cafe Prima Pasta for many occasions I've finally decided to write a review. I never do this, its too much of a hassle, but this place deserves a review.

After being enthusiastically greeted by the host we were directed to the bar while we waited on our table (10 mins max, and it was packed). Henry the bartender is awesome. There aren't enough words to say how warm, genuine and polite this man is. He is the bartender of your dreams, super professional, courteous, kind and my girlfriend loves the house specialty Martini he makes. We had visited prima pasta a few times before this and he still managed to recognize us.

The atmosphere:

The lighting is dim, cozy, makes you feel like you're at home. Just perfect.
Yet, that being said, its vibrant, the DJ's and staff vibe with the music and spark life into the air.If you come in mad, angry or upset, this place will change you. The energy is everything positive plus some. We were celebrating our 2 year anniversary and we got the peace and privacy that we wanted whille being able to dabble in the ambiance that was created.

The Service:
TOP NOTCH. The waitress was very polite, gave us her genuine opinion on the selections, told us the specials and allowed us to make a decision in a timely manner. We never lacked anything. I was very impressed by the bussers. They were very professional, non-intrusive and polite (in most places they aren't). Our busser that night was just as good as our waitress. Just top notch service.

Overall:
A fantastic place to go for any occasion, the price is right, the staff is right and the ambiance is right. You cannot go wrong with this place.

We are very picky about things and I have NOT ONE THING AT ALL to say negatively about Cafe Prima Pasta. I would take my mother there.

Love it.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Superbe!!! Cruz and all the waiters make your expirience simply amazing. The food is just made at a very reasonable price. Best expirience at Miami beach, so far.

1  Thank MARA J