“Everything was GREAT!...but one teenie thing, not even worth mentioning”
Review of Cafe Prima Pasta

Cafe Prima Pasta
Ranked #9 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Prima Pasta is one of the best Italian restaurant in South Florida.Since 1993 Cafe Prima Pasta has been nominated "one of the best" by The Miami Herald and Zagat.We specialize in homemade pasta, bread and desserts, this is the place choose by many celebrities such as John Travolta, Matt Damon, Don Shula, Steven Bauer, Cindy Crawford, Joe Jackson, Jon Secada, Gloria Stefan, Lili Stefan, Lenny Cravitz, Michael Jordan, Iggy Pop, the BeeGees, Fleetwoodmac, ub40, Charly Garcia, Calle 13, Mana, Diego Torres and many many more.Very Fresh Italian food and good service.Give us a try.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First, I'll say that that teenie thing was not even something to gripe about. That's because the food and wine and the service were all OUTSTANDING! There were six of us at the table and everyone was very happy with their dishes and some even insisted that I taste their choice because it was so good....and, after tasting, it was. My pasta entree (with lamb ragu) was one of the very best of this dish that I've ever had and it is a dish that I very frequently order when dining in Italian restaurants in the US and in Italy.

The atmosphere, here, is tasteful and even festive and the staff is very personable and does everything to please.

Okay, so the "teenie thing": I ordered a glass of moscato as a dessert wine, which was brought to me in a glass that had more in it that I am accustomed to. Well, it was cloyingly sweet and, from my experience, arguably...not even moscato. I suspected that it was on the wrong side of "turning bad" because it was so sweet and dark in color and didn't even have the true aroma of a moscato, and so I asked the waiter to see the bottle from which it was poured. He happily agreed and brough me an identical bottle from which it came. It was a single-portion-sized bottle of Berringer California Moscato. I had never tasted or seen anything like it before and I thought that Italy was the sole source of moscato. Obviously, to anyone who enjoys a real moscato, this is a sign that commercialism and reduced attention to quality is encroaching on us. It seems clear that the restaurant's intentions were noble and rather than keep an open bottle of rarely requested moscato in the fridge for the very occasional request for it, in which case it is bound to go wasted, the bartender chose to avail the restaurant of accepting Berringer's seemingly unique single-porion-bottle. So much for that idea! The waiters. I would add, were very nice about this and with smiles, immediately offered to simply take it off the bill.

NOTICE: This SHOULD NOT DISTRACT from the EXCELLENT REVIEW that this is intended to be. Berringer ought to be ashamed of itself and not make moscato for fun and profit...and I hope that this and every other Italian restaurant gives thumbs down to that nonsense.

Should you go to this fine Italian restaurant, you will have a great experience, I'm sure!

1  Thank Avrumeleh B

Reviewed August 20, 2013

After going to Cafe Prima Pasta for many occasions I've finally decided to write a review. I never do this, its too much of a hassle, but this place deserves a review.

After being enthusiastically greeted by the host we were directed to the bar while we waited on our table (10 mins max, and it was packed). Henry the bartender is awesome. There aren't enough words to say how warm, genuine and polite this man is. He is the bartender of your dreams, super professional, courteous, kind and my girlfriend loves the house specialty Martini he makes. We had visited prima pasta a few times before this and he still managed to recognize us.

The atmosphere:

The lighting is dim, cozy, makes you feel like you're at home. Just perfect.
Yet, that being said, its vibrant, the DJ's and staff vibe with the music and spark life into the air.If you come in mad, angry or upset, this place will change you. The energy is everything positive plus some. We were celebrating our 2 year anniversary and we got the peace and privacy that we wanted whille being able to dabble in the ambiance that was created.

The Service:
TOP NOTCH. The waitress was very polite, gave us her genuine opinion on the selections, told us the specials and allowed us to make a decision in a timely manner. We never lacked anything. I was very impressed by the bussers. They were very professional, non-intrusive and polite (in most places they aren't). Our busser that night was just as good as our waitress. Just top notch service.

Overall:
A fantastic place to go for any occasion, the price is right, the staff is right and the ambiance is right. You cannot go wrong with this place.

We are very picky about things and I have NOT ONE THING AT ALL to say negatively about Cafe Prima Pasta. I would take my mother there.

Love it.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Superbe!!! Cruz and all the waiters make your expirience simply amazing. The food is just made at a very reasonable price. Best expirience at Miami beach, so far.

1  Thank MARA J
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went there for dinner the other night and could not have been more pleased.

First off, be sure to try and get Dowglas as our waiter. He has a terrific knowledge of everything on the menu and is not out there looking to gouge your wallet.

We had the polpetta and ricotta as well as the bufala di parma for appetizers and they were great. The party had chicken parm and lasagna and they were superb.

Do yourself a favor and go there. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took a $20 taxi ride here from our hotel South Beach after reading the reviews on here but it wasn't really worth the effort. I had the zucchini fritters to start and they were fairly soggy and my husband couldn't eat his crab ravioli main as it was too sweet. The service was good but the food was disappointing.