“Famous for architecture, not food”
Review of Jerry's Famous Deli - CLOSED

Jerry's Famous Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visited Jerry's for the first time in Feb. 2014, expecting a good experience. Yes, this does seem to be the same venue as Wolfie's featured in the series Magic City ( a must-see if you are interested in Miami in the late 50s-early 60s). I ordered a turkey dip, which came with chicken broth. To be fair, they gave me exactly what was on the menu. But for a dip, the sauce is everything, and this sandwich was incredibly bland and tasteless. The onion rings were straight out of the freezer, nothing much, certainly not made here. Although the service is good and breakfast here is probably fine, don't expect much here. I'm not looking to reutrn anytime soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We try to get to Jerry's each year that we attend the Miami boat show and we did this year. Service was very good. Portions are large. In general, it's a predictable ordinary breakfast (that's not all bad). Menu said they had egg beaters, waitress said they didn't and offered egg whites. Don't take them up on that offer. Costs a $1.50 more and all the taste is removed. :) Toast came out hot but 5 minutes before the meal so ended up cold. Orange juice is fresh squeezed and very good. Menu is extensive. I've had better here than we had this time around. Normally I would have rated them very good, but the toast and difference between menu and reality dropped them a peg. Try it if you're in the area. The atmosphere is worth it.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

ten years ago this was my Miami home from home , how good to find out on my return that some good things never change . Sitting at the bar with a cold beer , watching sports , talking to bar man and watching the world eat the biggest ever sandwiches , perfect. The menu has food for every one .

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Called Wolfie's when my grandmother went here in the 1950s, as Jerry's this maintains the flavor and the style of long ago. A generous waiter, whitefish salad, fragant hot pastrami (can't get these in Seattle) I loved Jerry's, on our route to the beach, even stopping by for a side of coleslaw and some hamentashen for our last lunch and the plane.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We came here for lunch. I ordered their chefs salad with corn, egg, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and chicken. It was really tasty and the portions were huge. There service was pretty quick and friendly as well.