“Very Good Wine List should be improved”

Baires Grill Argentinean Resto
Reserve with OpenTable
Baires Grill Argentinean Resto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: Alton Road
Description: An authentic Argentinean restaurant in the heart of South Beach, coming soon Brickell and Sunny Isles locations! Specialize in certified Black Angus Beef at reasonable prices and a great wine selection mainly from Argentina with a friendly and professional service in a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

When arriving we were told that we would have to accept a very small table even though we had made reservations well in advance. After speaking with Marcello and us offering to have a drink at the bar to give him some extra time to seat us a at better table. He was most apologetic and within 10 minutes he did seat us at a nice table.

The noise level is a little high but probably to be expected as this was the Miami Boat Show weekend.

Overall food , service ,and pricing were very much in line with other top notch restaurants.

Will definitely return.

BairesGrillResto, Propietario at Baires Grill Argentinean Resto, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

I want to thank you for your patronage of our restaurant, Baires Grill Resto.
You are a valued customer to us and I want you to know how much I appreciate your business. My staff looks forward to serving you.
We all look forward to your extended family’s monthly birthday dinners here and friends you have referred to Baires Grill Resto.
You have been a dream customer for many years, and I just want you to know what a positive difference you have made in the development and expansion of my life’s work, Baires Grill Resto. The establishment of a successful restaurant has always been my dream and you have helped me bring it to fruition.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Management should up their game.To start, we decided to visit this restaurant based on the reviews here and a being a steak and wine restaurant. We were seated and asked if we wanted something to drink. After viewing their wine by the glass, I asked about a type of wine. She couldn't describe it, so I asked if I could try a small taste. Her response was "no" because their restaurant banned that. Shocked by the response so I ordered another type of wine I was familiar with.
Their steak menu included 1 side with your steak, (Fries, rice, or small salad) if you wanted to substitute a baked potato it will cost an additional $3. If you want a vegetable it will cost another $7.
Not a good start to our evening.
I said to the waitress " what if I ordered a glass of wine and didn't like it. She said we would rather you send it back.
We proceeded to order our meals , skirt steak and "1" side. My husband ordered an appetizer which was a dough type turnover filled with beef mix. It wasn't good. The waitress came asked how it was, he told her not good, so she took it away, didn't offer anything else. We received our undercooked steaks, frozen type fries,and my small plain salad. We received our bill, the appetizer cost was not removed even though we sent it back and the added 18 % tip. The table next to us asked their server for a small salad fork for their child and we're told no.
This restaurant only cares about getting your money, nothing else. Will definitely not be back. I can't understand why their reviews here are so good.

1  Thank as02122014e
BairesGrillResto, Owner at Baires Grill Argentinean Resto, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Customer:
I am so sorry that you were treated unhappily in my restaurant. I try hard to teach my staff that our customers are most important to the success of our restaurant. So, please come back and let us show you how well we can treat you. Give us another chance.
I would like to offer you and your partner a complimentary dinner for two when you next visit.
Negative reviews strongly affects the reputation of our business.

Yours sincerely,

Mobile: 305.992.144

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice place with a great atmosphere. Great mojito's and a very good Argentinean wine list. The skirt steak was amazing! We were a large group (10-15) and the service was very good. The prices seemed pretty reasonable but I'm not sure what the total bill was as we were wined and dined on someone's expense account. Overall a very good experience and I would go back for sure.

Mobile: 305.992.1441

Reviewed February 5, 2014

first the guy next to my table stared smoking and my server told me to not change tables because they where leaving already, that they already paid and everything and then she went to the guy and asked him if he wanted some dessert, she lied because if I decided to change tables she was not going to be our server anymore. second my husband ordered a $58 steak with a mushroom sauce, he wanted more sauce because It was not enough and the server told him a few minutes later that they where going to charge $5 more for the extra sauce, we where surprise because it came with the steak, and he said, what, five dollars for extra sauce, never mind, and then she said, oh no $3, then we realize that she was just charging whatever she wanted because the tip was included just to get more money, and when my husband said that he didn't want no more sauce anymore and told us that she was going to go to the kitchen to see what she can do, my husband and I where so disappointed already that he didn't want no sauce or anything else, we eat and we left. DONT BE CHEAP PLEASE AND DO YOUR BEST TO HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS, that's how you get more money.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Eating on Lincoln Road is very hit and miss. Many of the restaurants are tourist traps with staff outside attempting to draw you in. In general, stay away. We recently ate at Baires Grill which is at the end of the strip near Alton Road and generally the more respectable part of Lincoln Road. In other words there are other very good restaurants near this end of the strip. We loved it. The food was very good, the wines list was extensive and the prices were moderate. That said, the service was Excellent and the restaurant was very nice looking inside including the very quaint terrace. Because it is at the end of the strip, there is less walking traffic which makes the terrace much more cozy feeling and less noisy although for the people watchers out there, it is still vey good viewing. The menu is very extensive including nice salads, appetizers, meats, pastas and fish. The wine list had a great selection of Argentine wines and the prices were very reasonable. What truely stands out is the profeesional service which feels 5 star. As an example, the table next to us had been deleivered the wrong steak. That said, the gentlemen was gracious enough to keep it and then told the waiter that it was a very good cut even though it was not the one that he had ordered. The waiter was more than willing to swith it for the right steak. The client said that it was not necessary. 5 minutes later the manger shows up and appologizes and removes the steak from his bill. That is the kind of service that I very much appreciate. We enjoyed our dinner and will return to Baires Grill.

Mobile: 305.992.1441