“Yummy”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alton Rd And West Ave
Description: Classic Bistro fare is prepared using authentic recipes and only the freshest and finest ingredients.Cozy eatery,nestled at the west end of Lincoln Road.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went on a Thursday night, so not initially busy but became so. Having said that the service was right on - attentive yet not intrusive. The food was excellent, perfect portion sizes. Our table loved the arugula salad as a starter (we shared 2 salad plates among the four of us) and the yellow-fin tuna was done perfectly. The wait staff paced the meal with different staffers attending to wine pours and water and we were neither rushed through the meal or sitting waiting for the next course or check. It made for an excellently-prepared and leisurely dinner. Sat outside, and as the location is only slightly off the beaten track, there was no trouble with street noise. Would definitely go again either as a twosome or in a larger group.

1  Thank clemence_k
There are newer reviews for Provence Grill

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great small bistro in the nice, quieter area of Lincoln Road. Our food was prepared fresh and was very tasty. The service great and the owner, Victor, really makes you feel as if you where part of the family. Our waiter, Walter, was also very kind and knowledable of the menu and wines.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I hadn't heard of Provence Grill until I went on TripAdvisor to find a "back up" restaurant for my anniversary, just in case we couldn't get into another Miami Beach restaurant. Looking back, we should have gone here instead.

First, this place is WEST of Alton Road, meaning it's not on Lincoln Road (pedestrian) Mall; you can actually park in front if there's space. If not, there's a (pay) lot in back. You can sit outdoors, but it's not like the packed "shoulder-to-shoulder" outdoor seating on the Mall...it's fairly relaxed with an average number of pedestrians going through. We actually moved inside because it was a little chilly.

Both service and food were excellent. Our waitress answered all our questions about the dishes. We shared a wonderful light salad with apples, pears, and camembert cheese. My wife had the house special fish (a Mediterranean fish I can't remember the precise name of) which she loved and I had the steak which was prepared precisely to my order. We shared two desserts--a berry tart and (our favorite) the "Tarte Tatin" which is one of the best apple pie-type desserts I've ever had. We may come back just for dessert to have it again.

Atmosphere inside is quiet and understated romantic. Outside is more boisterous (due to the pedestrians). Didn't have any wine, but it seemed as though they had a good list to choose from. Maybe next time...and there will be a next time!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Too bad we don't have a better French restaurant in Miami Beach. The place is nice and the food is average but just that. Once I had something they called fish but I doubt it came from the sea. As I say, I give restaurants several tries but this one no more for me.

Victor E, General Manager at Provence Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

We are really sorry that you had a bad experience at our restaurant. We strive for excellence every day and always try to give our customers the best possible experience with our Food, Service and Atmosphere. We appreciate your feedback just as much as we do excellent ones, and we hope that down the road, you will give us another chance to satisfy your criteria.

-Victor Easton

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I had an exceptional dinner at Provence Grill last night (12/29/12). We shared a bottle of Pinot Grigio and shared the food we ordered. We had vichyssoise soup (my favorite) which was creamy and delicious and a salad of camembert cheese, apples, pears and toasted hazelnuts with mixed greens and honey muscatel vinegar. What a way to start! We then had the braised beef short ribs with truffle polenta which also was delicious. Through out our meal the service was excellent. We will be back!

1  Thank dtomlin238