“Horrible Service...OK Food”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #266 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Horrible Service...OK Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

After settling into our hotel room on South Beach, my friends and I ventured out to grab a bite to eat. We figured we couldn't go wrong with Friday's so we stopped in for dinner. Well our server (Jenny) was very impersonable and short. We could barley get our orders out before she walked away from the table. The food was brought out, placed on the table and she walked away. We had to track her down to get silverware, napkins and condiments. The food was as expected---nothing special just TGI Friday's regular meals. We didn't see our server again until she brought the check---she dropped it on the table as she was walking by and never said one word. No thank you---I hope you enjoyed your meal---nothing! I must say the 18% gratuity that was automatically added to the check really put a sour taste in our mouths. Needless to say, we did not pay the 18% and advised why via a note on the back of the bill. Yes, it's a chain but the least we expected was decent service. What a way to begin our visit to the area!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
wisconsin dells
“Expected better service for chain restaurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went here for lunch,really nice hostess,but waitress HORRIBLE.No smile,not polite at all.we waited 10 min to order,and my brother waited 15 min for a refill,when we got the food,she didnt ask if we need anything else,didnt say enjoy,didnt come back after some time to ask if we were doing ok,and no wonder why gratuity was included,because servers dont care about customers,they will make their money anyway,so they dont have to be nice with customers.Omg,15% was to much gratuity for her,she definitely needed lessons for code of conduct.left dissapointed,dont even remember how was the food

1 Thank natalia050688
Miami, Florida
“Fridays is so yesterday!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Chain restaurant. Nothing special about the food. a heart atack waiting to happen. Save your money. for Happy Hour only!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Oconnos
Trey C, Marketing at TGI Friday's, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Oconnos -

I apologize if you had a bad experience at T.G.I. Friday's. We take these reviews very seriously and I will be reaching out to you personally to learn more about what has caused you to have a negative view of Friday's food.

Thank you for your feed back and we appreciate your business.

T.G.I. Friday's
Miami, Estados Unidos
“another soth beach rip off”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

15% gratuity seems to be the standard around Miami Beach/South Beach restaurants. Now, this wouldn't be much of an issue if the service would be up to par. IT IS NOT. They are so used that customers are forced to leave tips that no one cares about service. And by law they must display a visible sign by the register or around the restaurant. Well if the service is missing, so is the sign.
We ordered Korean tacos(crispy and crunchy corn tacos...according to the menu) the tacos were made of flour and soggy, so much that they broke in half. They were also spicy which was not stated in their menu. 2nd plate was a chicken pasta piccatta whose buttery sauce was mixed with the water from the pasta. So instead of a sauce I had some watery soup.

BAD BAD FRIDAYS!!

2 Thank jorge f
Trey C, Marketing at TGI Friday's, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Jorge -

I wanted to apologize for your experience at the South Beach T.G.I. Friday's. We take these reviews seriously and I will be reaching out to you personally about your experience.

We appreciate your business and your feedback.

T.G.I. Friday's South Beach
Houston, Texas
“great server but three kitchen needs help”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

or first night in we came in because we hi all the time at home. we tried the pretzels and cheese but it took forever to get it. it took over ten minutes to get a slush that was watered down when i got it. our food took way to long to come outand when i got mine my potato skins were Luke warm and not crispy.