“I'm a sobe local and I love this place”
Review of DaLeo Trattoria - CLOSED

DaLeo Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have a preference for Italian food (the American Italian pasta and red sauce type place) and have been eating regularly on Lincoln Road since the 1990's. When you walk by, it doesn't appear to be anything special or different but THIS PLACE HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME. IF I am correct, it is the oldest surviving restaurant on Lincoln Road and when you eat here you are a part of history. It has an excellent Italian wine list (don't forget when you eat Italian food you should drink Italian wine or go to a place that at least knows what an Italian Margarita is). Second, the food is excellent. Lasagna very good. Pasta al dente. Meatballs appetizer is relatively new and they were delicious. I love their linguine pomodoro with broccoli and I usually add shrimp and tell them to make it spicy and substitute Rigatoni. Their appetizers are also great (try the one with scallops AND calamari AND shrimp AND).....and the waiters are always attentive, often from Italy themselves. Lastly, their dessert is very good. In a nutshell, this place is a hidden gem that has been on Lincoln Road, right before your eyes and stood the test of time. I have dinner there my first night and last night of every trip and have been coming to my beach apartment 2-3 times a year for over a decade.

1  Thank HeyScottWA

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped here during a shopping trip to Lincoln Road as the food being served at an outside table looked very nice. Staff were very friendly and the main course of linguine al pesto and linguine with meatballs was pretty tasty! The highlight though was the bruschetta which was one of the nicest we'd tasted. There was a special on at the time where all pasta dishes were $11 so for the price it was really a good deal

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything here was an imitation of italian food ,we have penne alla gorgonzola and penne quatro formagi the sauce was identicle and cooked like hospital food we did not managed to finish them.it seems that people saying the food is excellent they may have not tried the real italian taste.The service also is very touristic

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate here in early August, the service was poor and one main course was incorrect. After antipasta, which arrived before the wine and was very disapointing,I had to clear my own table as the main course arrived because the waiter had to do so.

We then sat inside the restaurant to finish our wine, and noticed that it did not have a proper coffee machine, all coffee came from an instant coffee capsule machine !!

What sort of Italian restaurant doesn't have a coffee machine? A poor one !

This kind of sums up Miami Beach, needless to say we did not pay the service charge.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had dinner here with my wife a few days ago, while on vacation. Large menu, with plenty of "specials".

Service was good, without to much fuss.

We had Homemade Lasagne & and a Churrasco Steak, Lasagne was one of the best my wife and I have eaten in a long time. The Steak was ok, lacking on presentation.

For dessert we shared a chocolate mousse, and that was probably the best mousse I have had in a restaurant.

The flaws ...
When the waiter asks you whether you would like some water, he doesn't mean the free tab water kind. He will serve you bottled water at $6.50 per bottle without letting you know.

The experience was overall very good, but DaLeo, as all other places on Lincoln Rd Mall, has 2 flaws. Overpriced alcoholic drinks (beer and wine by the glass) and the automatic inclusion of anywhere between 17 - 19% tip in your check.

If you don't watch out, this could turn very expensive, which could ruin an otherwise very good experience