“OUR WORST DINING AT MIAMI”
Review of DaLeo Trattoria - CLOSED

DaLeo Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything here was an imitation of italian food ,we have penne alla gorgonzola and penne quatro formagi the sauce was identicle and cooked like hospital food we did not managed to finish them.it seems that people saying the food is excellent they may have not tried the real italian taste.The service also is very touristic

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate here in early August, the service was poor and one main course was incorrect. After antipasta, which arrived before the wine and was very disapointing,I had to clear my own table as the main course arrived because the waiter had to do so.

We then sat inside the restaurant to finish our wine, and noticed that it did not have a proper coffee machine, all coffee came from an instant coffee capsule machine !!

What sort of Italian restaurant doesn't have a coffee machine? A poor one !

This kind of sums up Miami Beach, needless to say we did not pay the service charge.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had dinner here with my wife a few days ago, while on vacation. Large menu, with plenty of "specials".

Service was good, without to much fuss.

We had Homemade Lasagne & and a Churrasco Steak, Lasagne was one of the best my wife and I have eaten in a long time. The Steak was ok, lacking on presentation.

For dessert we shared a chocolate mousse, and that was probably the best mousse I have had in a restaurant.

The flaws ...
When the waiter asks you whether you would like some water, he doesn't mean the free tab water kind. He will serve you bottled water at $6.50 per bottle without letting you know.

The experience was overall very good, but DaLeo, as all other places on Lincoln Rd Mall, has 2 flaws. Overpriced alcoholic drinks (beer and wine by the glass) and the automatic inclusion of anywhere between 17 - 19% tip in your check.

If you don't watch out, this could turn very expensive, which could ruin an otherwise very good experience

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was saddened to hear of the change in ownership when I dined here in March, because I'm in South Beach 2-3 times a year I always ask for the owners when visiting this restaurant. The response from the new owners was "they're not in tonight". We decided to eat at the restaurant anyway and stop by to say hello to the owners another night, imagine my surprise when told that the restaurant had changed hands, sad but circumstance changes, but the deceit left a bad taste in my mouth. The drinks were good, the service was excellent, the food was mediocre. I ordered tilapia with potatoes, and received a plate with not fresh tilapia with frozen oven baked fries and a thin sauce on the tilapia that soaked the "potatoes". The other two people in my party also had equally bad dishes a pasta dish, and a beef dish. Additionally and more than once on this night we noticed a large female bus person actually push pedestrians out of her way!!

I don't know the new owners but they should not underestimate opinions of tourist or locals. I have recommended this restaurant to many people, but never again. Sorry daleo.

4  Thank Bill H
Reviewed April 9, 2012

DaLeo changed ownership a few months ago and since then, the service and atmosphere appear to have slipped to the point where DaLeo is just another of many Italian restaurants on Lincoln Rd.

DaLeo is one of the longest-running restaurants on Lincoln Rd and managed to survive when many others were forced to close their doors in the down economy. A lot of this could be attributed to the owners knowing the clients and treating their repeat diners as if they were extended family.

My most recent visit with new owners in place, the atmosphere seems to be gone. There are now people stationed at the front of the restaurant trying to lure people to dine, just like all the other more touristy places on the beach. The service was uninspired. Additionally, recent increases in menu prices push many of the entrees out of affordable and into the overpriced realm.

Sad to see what was once a local favorite slip to becoming just another average Italian restaurant in South Beach.

1  Thank DB305