“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: Ocean Drive Between 8th & 9th
Description: Located on historic Ocean Drive, Larios on the Beach has been a primary destination since its opening in 1992. As they had done through their music, International Superstars Emilio & Gloria Estefan wanted to further promote their culture by featuring the satisfying flavors of traditional home style Cuban Cuisine and healthy alternatives. Don’t leave South Beach without trying their world famous mojito, voted “The Best in Miami” by Miami New Times. Live entertainment Thurs-Sun.
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to SOBE for almost 20 years and have eaten at a lot of restaurants. Larios never disappoints. Service was great and food even better!! Try the mojitos....they are a must. I had the grilled seafood platter with roasted veggies- to die for. Could have shared with two people. Had ceviche and empanadas apps as well. Delish! Grilled garlic shrimp was delish and the crispy red snapper also amazing. You can’t go writing at IOTB. Get a reservation and weather permitting....sit outside!

Date of visit: May 2018
G M, General Manager at Larios on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Hello J S,
thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review. We take a lot of pride in our hospitality and cuisine and were very excited to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to your next visit to Larios on the beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited Larios on our first day in South beach. It did not disappoint. The food was very good. I had a Cuban sandwich which was delicious and a very large portion. So it is a good value. Their mojitos are a must!!!! We opted for a pitcher since several of us were doing the same drink. They were very flavorful with real sugar cane sticks. The atmosphere is also quite beautiful. I posted a few pictures of lobby. The waiter was very nice and helpful. The food came out in a timely manner as we had a party of 8.
The only complaint I have is splitting the checks for your guests. It’s just kinda a pain to have to figure out how much each people owes on a large bill with 8 people (while a bit tipsy). Although i found this to be the case with most restaurants in Miami. Other then that it was great. We will definitely come back next time we are in south beach.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at Larios, the food was incredible. The margaritas were very good. The Latin music was sensational. Recommend getting a table outside to people watch as the location on Ocean street is awesome.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

We came here after drinks at Mango’s on the South Beach Strip. I wasn’t expecting much as I wasn’t sure if I would be disappointed. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is owned by Gloria Estefan and her husband. This restaurant has a nice terrace, a bar, dancing floor with live music and a DJ. We had 2 dishes with different tapas. The waiter recommended the dishes. Both dishes were lovely, especially the pork which is their specialty. We were actually full so we didn’t have any dessert, just some coffee. After dinner on the terrace we went inside to finish our drinks and enjoy the Live music and DJ. Nice Latin vibe music, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue as well as the current music. We danced until they closed the DJ station which was around 11pm. This restaurant had great service as well as a reasonable bill for the dinner. Overall we were very satisfied.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

Cuban sampler was excellent! Chicken empanada appetizers rock! And the bread pudding with raisin sauce was a great ending. And Gloria Estefan was hanging out, eating with her friend/family at the table right next door. We respected her privacy, but she was super gracious to the customers who wanted to pass along their adoration or ask for a selfie with her. Exactly how you'd want a famous restaurant owner to act in their own restaurant. I would definitely recommend Larios for the food and the atmosphere. But make sure you get a seat inside if they have the live Cuban music going to get the full experience!

Date of visit: April 2018