“Great value for money for Cuban food”

Larios on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Larios on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: Ocean Drive Between 8th & 9th
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Authentic Cuban. We were her 3 years ago and had liked the food. After renovation, the place has been modeled like a Cuban cafe. Portions are big. The pork bites were good, but a bit too oily and chunky. Great value for money. Rice and beans was good even though served a a side dish. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Please please please do not waste your time and money in this place. From the moment we got there, the staff were obnoxious. Everything was too much to ask for. We ordered food and it arrived within 10minutes - the grease was swimming on the plate, and the food was stone cold!!!! It was turning my stomach, so I couldn't finish. When the waiter asked if everything was alright, I explained tht it was not very warm, he took the plate and I never heard anything until we asked for the bill - they charged us for the meal!!!! For the rest of the evening, I was heaving and feeling sick. I wanted to complain to the environmental food agencies within the area but didn't want to waste my holiday.

2  Thank oliviagward
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had heard of this restaurant and were so excited to go. When we got there we were dissapointed about the place and they did not even make it up in the service. The food was average at best. We were 12 in our party and for dessert when we asked for more spoons they said that they were sorry but they did not have more because they were having a big party next door. We had reservations and were dissapointed in every single way. the only good thing was that it was inexpensive, but it showed in the food and service.

1  Thank VPonthemove
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My Husband and I were celebrating his birthday and decided to make reservations at Larios on the beach based on some of the reviews we read on line. Beware, the menu that is available on line is not the menu when you get to the restaurant. The menu selection was small and many items we were interested in was not available.
We ordered the Miami Vice, which is a glass of sangria, an appetizer,entree and dessert. The combo appetizer was hard and dry (fried pork bits, fried chicken bits and ham croquette). Cuban style skirt steak was tough, not flavorful, over cooked; watery black beans. Shredded chicken and shredded pork was horrible, dry, hard. Moro rice was sticky and bland. We left both meals on the table and took the dessert to go because it came with the meal (yellow cake with vanilla frosting), we actually gave it to a homeless woman in a wheel chair on collins avenue. Do not waste your money, this restaurant is definitely overrated.

1  Thank S R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant did not disappoint. The mojitos are very good and strong. The food was excellent. For appetizers we had the stuffed plantains and the portions were very generous. For the main course we had the churrasco which we were very pleased with. The meat was well cooked but it was still juicy and soft. The flan and the three milks desserts were excellent. This is a place I would recommend 100%.