“Delicious”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,103 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. It was my husband and I's first time visiting Miami and this restaurant exceeded our expectations. I was looking for some great fish (salmon in particular) and that is exactly what I got. We were seated outside on the patio, which was perfect. It was fun watching people walk by.

I recommend the scallop appetizer and the salmon dinner. My husband had the shrimp scampi, which was also amazing. The service was great and we were not rushed at all. I could have sat there all night drinking my wine watching the scenery.

If I was ever in Miami again I would go back for sure!

Chef_Kal, Executive Chef at A Fish Called Avalon, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are eager to welcome you back. I thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write such a delightful review. Excellent food and service, plus great people-watching opportunities, have been our hallmark for 25 years. Your recommendation means a lot to us.

There are newer reviews for A Fish Called Avalon

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Excellent location to sit outside and enjoy a very good meal. Make no mistake you are definitely paying for the 'front row' seating. Bang Bang shrimp were excellent($6/.shrimp!)
There was live entertainment that certainly added to the ambiance. We enjoyed an excellent bottle of Malbec. Certainly a bit of a splurge. Also, I loved the complementary hummus and warm bread!! Make reservations...sit outside if it's not to hot and humid. I would definitely return. Enjoy South Beach Cuisine!!

Dear Guest,

Readers will appreciate your point about choosing an inside or outside table depending on the weather. Summer in South Beach is definitely tropical. Many thanks for your thoughtful comments, and for mentioning our hummus. Butter on bread is tasty but hummus contains protein as well as lots of flavor. Glad the Malbec was a hit, too. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

A Fish called Avalon is truly a great dining experience. We sat outside and had a wonderful meal. The weather was nice the wait staff was very accommodating and friendly. The prices were reasonable.

Dear Guest,

How wonderful of you to write about your dinner with us last November. It warms my chef’s heart to know that you still have fond memories of that cool autumn evening. Thank you so much, and please come and dine with us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Myself, my husband, and our two young adult daughters enjoyed our dinner of delicious seafood. We sat out on the patio, which they had a live band playing softly in the background, and were able to people watch as the South Beach crowd past by. Bread served with real butter, and a delicious hummus, charred octopus, delicious crab cake, house salad, ceasar salad, seafood paella (1/2 main lobster, octopus, calamari, shrimp, fish, scallops), seafood risotto (like paella without the lobster), macadamia crusted snapper, and shrimp provencel, followed by a most delicious chocolate dessert. This would be the place for special occasions, and they hit every dish with perfection. I also have to put a shout out to Luis, our waiter. When I paid the bill, I did not realize gratuity was already incorporated in our bill, so I added a 20% tip. He came right over after discovering this, and let me know that the tip was already included. He did not have to do this, he could have kept both tips, but he was very honest. Overall a great dinner in South Beach!!!

Dear Guest,

Your kind review made our whole team very proud and happy. I particularly thank you for letting readers know how careful we are to inform guests when a gratuity has already been included in their bill. In South Beach, it’s standard practice to include the tip in bills, but we know that guests sometimes don’t realize that. Our ultra-fresh seafood plus attentive, honest service are among the many reasons we’re thriving after 25 years.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great selection of seafood dishes and appetizers. Highly recommend it. Reasonably priced for the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking time to recommend A Fish Called Avalon to others. I sincerely appreciate your comments, and am glad you enjoyed our menu selections.