“A good choice”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

There were 4 in our party, we were seated on the patio as I requested when I made our reservation.
A good place to observe the Ocean Drive night life.
The service was excellent. The Mojito's were superb.
I enjoyed the lobster - both of them. My wife enjoyed the salmon.
Overall a good dining experience.

1  Thank KWDEW
Chef_Kal, Executive Chef at A Fish Called Avalon, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Guest

How great to read that your party of four were thoroughly pleased with the evening’s experience. Your recommendation means a lot to our entire team, and I thank you sincerely for taking the time to send along your comments.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just left the restaurant. I had a fresh and delicious spaghetti alfredo and my husband had a precious and also fresh crusted snapper.
The service is perfect.
I strongly recommend. We spent more $$ but it worth each cent.

Dear Guest,

What a heartwarming note! You were most kind to write just after dining with us, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Making our guests happy, as your comments confirm we did, is just as important to us as serving a perfect meal. Your gracious review has made us happy, too.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

A friend recommended this place and the reception in our hotel also said it was excellent for seafood. We booked but when we arrived, they'd allocated us a table inside - which seemed a bit dire - so we waited for half hour to get an outside spot. The food was really good - my friend and I like lobster - so that's what we ordered - not expecting to get a pair on each plate! What let this place down was the service - they didn't provide the right implements to deal with the lobster - like a big dish to put all the debris in - and the way they dealt with our reservation wasn't brilliant. That said - the food and location are fabulous and you don't feel that you're getting ripped off like you can elsewhere on the strip. 2 courses with wine (and lobster) £150 for both - not sure you can do that in the UK

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your feedback, and I offer my sincere apologies for the surprising lapse with the presentation of your lobsters. That is certainly not typical and I’m looking into what could have happened. I hope you will remember the awesome elements of your experience—such as the abundant lobsters--and will decide to dine with us again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Knowledgeable wait staff and the perfect veranda location to watch the Ocean Drive activity. Our food was fresh and innovatively prepared.

Dear Guest,

When sophisticated diners like you praise our knowledgeable staff and well-prepared cuisine, we really glow with pride. We then remind ourselves to continue that pattern of excellence, the one we’ve followed for more than twenty years. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Your comments mean the world to us.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you like patio dining on warm evenings, people watching and quality food, then Fish Called Avalon is perfect.

Ocean Drive is a long line of bars and restaurants, so picking a place that's above average can be tough. This one is definitely a keeper.

Dine on the patio and if, like us, you get caught in a downpour part way through your meal, the waitstaff moves you without any fuss to a table that's dry.

Food excellent, wines ditto and service (particularly for the area) was spot on.

Dear Guest,

Warmest thanks for your lively, positive review declaring our restaurant a definite a keeper and above average. I’m glad the sudden downpour didn’t dampen your enjoyment of the evening. We look forward to welcoming you back.