“Great Seafood”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,101 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had an excellent meal and overall experience. The service was very good and the location is great. We will return when we are in South Beach again.

Chef_Kal, Executive Chef at A Fish Called Avalon, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your generous review. Glad you enjoyed the evening, and please come again.

There are newer reviews for A Fish Called Avalon

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Expensive, but a wonderful location right on the strip on Ocean Dr. in South Beach. My husband struck up a conversation with the maitre'd earlier in the day and when we returned, we were given a balcony table overlooking the street. The atmosphere is elegant and romantic (unlike many places on Ocean). My husband had the raw oysters, which he marveled at. But he was particularly impressed with his seafood risotto. I had the tuna tartare (good, but a bit sweet for my taste) and a fabulous chopped garbanzo bean salad. Service was very professional. This is a very nice place for a special occasion.

Dear Guest, I’m delighted that you and your husband enjoyed our super-fresh seafood and the other dishes you sampled. Thanks so much for writing about our romantic atmosphere too. Your comments mean a lot to our whole team and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Definitely try to get a table on the porch. Unfortunately the food, which was very fresh, came to the table a little cold. And the red wine was definitely TOO cold. But for South Beach, it is a good find.

Dear Guest, Apologies for the temperatures of food and wine which you found to be too cool. I appreciate your mentioning the situation and I’m taking it up with our staff. Thanks for declaring us a “good find” though. That means a lot.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very good meal here....I chose lump crabcake starter, salmon for main - both tasty & cooked perfectly. Key lime pie was lovely. My husband said his paella was packed with seafood. Friendly efficient waiter. Nice atmosphere. Would recommend.

Dear Guest, Our whole team is deeply grateful for your very positive review. I appreciate your recommending us to others, and hope you will dine with us again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were told to avoid places on Ocean Drive as overpriced. While Fish Called Avalon is not cheap, the food was excellent, the service was top notch and the view from the patio of the scenery walking by kept us entertained. I had sake glazed lobster tails that were the best lobster tails I have ever had, and my wife had the swordfish that was also very good. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Jerry D

Dear Guest, And we would definitely love to have you back. Thank you so much for mentioning how much you enjoyed the passing scene, as well as the tasty, fresh lobster and swordfish.