“Wonderful food, service, atmosphere!!”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food, service, atmosphere!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

5 stars all around! Absolutely delicious from start to finish, impeccable service, and very nice atmosphere! I booked a dinner for 10 through Morgan and she couldn't have been more helpful! She made the process so easy and seamless and when we arrived we had a nice table with our personalized menus for my friends bachelorette dinner printed. She absolutely loved them! Our server Orlando was an absolute angel, we loved him! He tended to our every need and made sure the food came out at a perfect pace. The portions were plentiful and soo delicious! He went out of his way to make sure all of our dietary needs were met and I was so impressed that even those who brought the food out knew ahead of time who had what. Extremely organized, professional, delicious, and top notch place. The only thing I would change is location... Move it to philadelphia so I can eat there on a regular basis!

Visited March 2014
Chef_Kal, Executive Chef at A Fish Called Avalon, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest, Deepest thanks for letting us know that everything about your bachelorette dinner was perfect. I’ll pass along your compliments to Morgan and Orlando, and I know they’ll appreciate the special recognition. We are unlikely to open in Philadelphia (sorry!) but we’ll be thrilled to welcome you again in South Beach.

Best wishes for your friends wedding and for many years of happiness.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Annika”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Thanks for a very nice business dinner! Good wine,good food and very attentive service!
The atmosphere was superb!

• Visited March 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our whole team, we send you heartfelt thanks for your kind review. It is great to know that our casual yet sophisticated atmosphere added to your enjoyment of a tasty dinner.
Central WI
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited with two girlfriends. We had amazing food, drink and dessert. We sat on the deck over looking Ocean Ave. The only negative was our service. Our server was inattentive. Great service would make this review 5 star. Would definitely go back!

Dear Guest, I am delighted to know that you and your friends enjoyed your food and drinks, and we look forward to welcoming you again. I apologize for your server’s lack of attention, and I appreciate your feedback. I assure you that this was far from the norm for us, and I am looking into the situation. Have a wonderful Spring and please come again!
Remscheid, Germany
“Better than expected”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

quite an oasis of good s ervice and good food in the hustle of Ocean Drive.
We had an excellent lobster and enjoyed a civilized atmosphere in a row of
in a street where loud and noisy tzurist traps prevail.

• Visited March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for characterizing our atmosphere as serene and civilized, and for your praise of the excellent food and service you enjoyed with us. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we are very grateful for your generous review.
CT
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Avalon on a whim this week and had a wonderful meal. I'm noted for my own lobster bisque but I have to say, the chef prepares a version better than my own. The scallop appetizer was excellent as well. The chef has a great taste pallet with every course prepared beautifully and delicious. The key lime pie comes from key west and should be ordered for dessert. If you don't have room for dessert consider sharing a slice. This Resturant sits across south beach on ocean avenue with outside or inside dining that gives you a terrific vantage point of the beach action at night. Service was Very Efficient as well.

Visited March 2014
Dear Guest,

There is no higher praise than writing that our lobster bisque compares favorably with your own! I’m very grateful to you for your wonderful review. Thanks for mentioning how much you enjoyed the beachfront setting, and I will let our wait staff know that you appreciated their attentive service.