“Superb service and Delicious Food”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had dinner here during a one night stopover in Miami Beach before leaving on a cruise.
We had been seated outside, but the overly loud music plus theOcean Boulevard traffic noise forced us indoors.
It was there that we met Lorenzo, our fabulous waiter.What a sweetheart.
He said he wanted us to have a great time and did we ever.
The chef sent us some special hot appetizers on the house-vegetarian for my friend and seafood for me. Mine consisted of calamari, oysters and scallops, all done to perfection.
Our mains courses were both superb and my Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand was the best I had ever tasted.
Lorenzo then sent us a special creme brûlée, again on the house.
Our other waiter, whose name I forget (he was from Mexico) was also absolutely delightful.
Delicious fresh seafood and warm friendly service are ever-present here.
I will definitely return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

OMG! tha's the best cream brûlée I ever had in my life!!!!
was there for the first time 2 years ago. and remembered this place.
went back again and I must say- that's SOOOOO GOOD!
love it.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I shared and feasted on seafood paella and seafood risotto. Though the paella was not the traditional recipe, the food was tasty and generous, the service attentive and the locale on Ocean Blvd in South Miami Beach was exciting. Overall, a much better experience from the night before at the restaurant next door.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Oysters were great and had unique preparation with bell peppers and two flavorful sauces...we ordered 6 but were given 10...could have eaten 20! Escargot and scallops next, both were delicious. My husband had seafood risotto which was full of seafood and very flavorful. I had the filet mignon which was amazing. Finished with creme brulé which was average, but after a night of great dishes, who cares. Good wine selection, perfect South Beach ambiance and energy. Highly recommend this place for a special dinner.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Perfectly prepared fresh seafood. Fairly priced food & wine on Ocean Drive. We had octopus first and then the paella, and fish of the day.