“Best Seafood on Ocean Drive”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
San Antonio, TX
“Best Seafood on Ocean Drive”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our second visit to Fish Called Avalon, and it was even better than we remembered the first. We got it in to South Beach in the evening and dined at 9:30 (moving our reservation back from 9:00 by phone). Since it was quite windy that night, we chose to eat indoors rather than on the porch. All tables were full. We loved the atmosphere inside – very stylish although a bit loud – better than outside. What sets FCA apart from all the other restaurants lining Ocean Drive is the fact that they do not have or need a barker or tease out front trying to lure in customers. Their good name and great food does it all. My macadamia encrusted snapper and my wife’s mahi mahi were both wonderful as was the calamari to start. When choosing where to dine on OD, this must be your first choice. That is, unless you like two beer bottles in a margarita glass, and then I cannot help you.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus,Oh
“a great romantic setting and fantastic meal”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I eat out alot and have to say this was as good as I have had in a while.
The night before I kind of got gouged and this restaurant was so nice, great view, guitar music in the background, nice waiter and incredible food, from the bang bang shrimp apetizer to the seafood my friend and I had to the creme bruele desert
Wow would go back in a minute

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Sea Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Best sea food on the strip hands down! I stayed in the hotel next door and was recommended by the staff. I'm glad they did

Visited November 2013
Hudson, New York
“Good food but price not worth it”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Service and food were good but after visiting other restaurants I realized the price wasn't worth it. For two meals, no apps or dessert and two drinks it was $150.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Portiany
Santiago, Chile
“Tasty seafood, great service”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were recommended the Avalon by our hotel and were weren't disappointed! We shared a fresh seafood platter and also chose a couple of locally famous stone crab claws. Well, they were ok but I don't know if they were worth $23 each!! I really enjoyed the shrimp which were juicy and flavour some. The accompanying sauces were also delicious. My daughter had the paella which seemed more of a boulibaisse crossed with a paella but she said it was good! My main was a rare sesame encrusted tuna, a little sinewy but still tasty. We were too full for dessert but declared everything very good! Service was very good, particularly Santiago our waiter!