“Fantastic Food and Fun people watching”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have had the luxory or eating here twice.The menu is great with many options. the outside seating is very nice as you watch the people on south beach. Both of the meals I had here were fabulous as well as the other 3 people that were in my group. the visits were 6 years apart and the same great service and meal. Highly recommend you eat here at least once but I know you will go back!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Worse meal and service in 25 years..I'm so pissed I can't finish this review. But I will..

Service was horrible, just awfulI. I had to ask for water refill, didn't bring iced tea after I asked. Didn't offer any bread so had to ask. 5 of us so we pretty much went through it quite quickly, wasn't offered any more bread.
Waiter disappeared until he brought the check.

Smallest Stone Crab I've ever saw for 23.00 per piece. Absolute bottom of the barrel on these claws.

Only like 3 tables full at the time we ate there..8:30pm on a Weds night.
I don't get it, automatic 18% gratuity.. for what ?

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Absolutely delicious food! This was by far the favorite meal in Miami and couldn't have asked for better. The seafood risotto was wonderfully flavorful, as was the grilled octopus. Great service and nice wine selection to boot. Good spot for people watching, too! Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Skip all the other South Beach Ocean Drive ripoff restaurants and come directly here. This is a real restaurant with fresh, delicious food, and excellent service. They have great deals during Miami Spice as well.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A Fish Called Avalon is one of the best restaurants that I have been in my life. This is serious, because I know hundreds of different restaurants.
Don't go If you are looking for an economy place, because Avalon is expensive, but it's priceless.
The dinner was perfect, desserts idem and we drunk very good wines there. The attention was outstanding, after our dinner we paid the bill and we spent almost one hour just chatting and enjoying the environment. None in the restaurant pushed us to leave the restaurant.
I certainly recommend Avalon for my friends!