“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Fish Called Avalon

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,066 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time having dinner at the fish called Avalon and its just amazing! Macadamia crusted snapper is to die for! Highly recommended!

1 Thank Aistejja

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my second trip to A Fish called Avalon and it was a good as the first. The service was great the food was better and we will be back on our next trip to Miami.

Miami Beach, Florida
“delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was invited by my c0- worker to this amazing restaurant. their seafood is really good and fresh with amazing service. this place is located in the heart of ocean drive and I will recommended to anyone that is looking for good seafood.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank nomoretears32
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
“Top knotch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

While in Miami's South Beach we stopped at "A Fish called Avalon" why ... White table cloths, no one attempting to try to speak English trying to buy you by offering 25% off meals or free drinks (which you never seem to get or able to taste any alcohol when you do) anyhow, back to Avalon ... with professionally dressed waiters in shirt and tie. Our waiter Sheldon, very good service. I asked for a glass of medium white house wine and for the first time in 5 weeks of eating out, through Europe, was asked Chardonnay or Sauvignon ... Nice glass of Sauvignon, decanted at the table, and I thought this was the best wine I had tasted in weeks, I found out later why, New Zealand wine (I,m from NZ).

Dedicated water boy, glass was never empty and plates cleared super fast, something that I have noticed has slipped since the gratuity is now included into the bill along with the tax. I prefer the old way where you tip for the service yourself.

Now the food ... Warm toasted bread, butter balls (very silver service) and a spicy hummus dip. I ordered the shrimp, this was delivered quickly in a blue light lit ice glass, decent large prawns (not shrimps) and a very tasty dipping sauce. The main seafood risotto to die for, plenty of seafood three or four types of fish, muscles and clams, prawns, squid and octopus very nice.

The menu had a good selection of hot and cold seafood, salads, vegetarian and a couple of non-seafood dishes too. All up go here one night when in town. I can see now why they are in the top of the 716 restaurants in Miami. I left extra tip as I thought I had a great meal with excellent service.

rapid city ,sd
“Thanks for the octopus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We were here on our honeymoon and decided to have our anniversary dinner here. This was a really good choice. We started out with ordering the beef carpaccio, but our waiter simply said..no..we were slightly taken aback by this, but when we asked why he told us that we were on the beach and the octopus is excellent. So we tried it. WOW. It was like a piece of Kobe beef. It was tender and succulent. I was always freaked out to eat tentacles, but u have to try it!
The other items we had were equally delicious (snapper and sea bass) But the octopus stole the show.
There is also many seating options, the street, the patio, and on the inside. Sit outside so u can enjoy the bustling ocean drive of fabulous south beach.

Visited August 2013