“Favorite part of the trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Fish Called Avalon

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,066 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Favorite part of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

what a great place!! if you go ask for Orlando. He took great care of our group of 14. Meal was insanely good. You must try the Seafood Risotto, you will end up licking the bowl!!!

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Great food, shame about the service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My review of is would be quite different from that of my husband's so let me try and put both sides. Firstly the location is good and the I door dining room is elegant. We sat on the raised area outside but above street level which I would recommend. My starter of bang bang Shrimp and then my Macademia encrusted snapper were divine. Stunning food. My husband chose Lobster Bisque which was pretty good, then the paella. He described this as average and the portion was excessive to the extreme. He tried to feed this back to the waiter, not as a criticism but in a constructive way, and was met with a really defensive attitude and "take it up with my manager." my husband re-iterated it was not a criticism but Alex was not interested. As an aside we had asked if we could take the service slowly but were still quite rushed and then ignored once we had had our main course. The Manager did come to speak to us and was lovely but the damage was done by then, which was a shame.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, PA
“Yum Yum Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our last night in South Beach. We wanted good seafood with good ambiance, and A Fish Called Avalon delivered. We chose this restaurant partly because it had a much more serene vibe (e.g., not like a dance club) than many other establishments on Ocean Dr. After scoping out menus of other fine-dining seafood restaurants, Avalon was by comparison quite reasonably priced. Service was impeccable, and the food was fantastic…I’m still thinking about the scallop appetizer. We left wholly satisfied.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great way to end a fun trip to Miami Beach. Great food, great service and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Debated about our last meal in Miami after Open Table and Trip Advisor reviews, went with this spot. Loved it. Kids split a filet and crab. We had salmon. Lots of picky eaters very pleased. :0)

• Visited June 2013
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Pleasant Night, good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i booked this off TA comments and i have to say we weren't disappointed. Good food, interesting location and OK service. I'd go back and apart from the crazy dude on the bike playing chicken with the traffic the other passing parade was amazing.

Visited May 2013