“A Special Spot in South Beach”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I, on a one-week vacation to the Miami area, decided to splurge one evening by going to this famous spot. We were well rewarded, despite the high tariff. The atmosphere could not have been better, on the porch on a balmy Miami Beach evening, where we could watch the passing, rather tame, parade of people. As for the meal, it was heavenly, excellent, and our server was a true professional, determined to make our experience other-worldly. And he succeeded. For those with the chips, I would heartily recommend this wonderful dining spot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great restaurant amongst the craziness of South Beach. Sat on the front porch, had a great meal, enjoyed the scene.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went here after it was recommended by the hotel concierge, and it did not disappoint. I had the shrimp scampi which was fantastic, while my son enjoyed the filet mignon. Great location, live music and an accommodating staff rounded out a terrific experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Saw this restaurant in a 'Dining Out' magazine, so decided to try it. I had the twin one lb lobsters, and they were perfectly steamed, albeit not very hot, but I blame that on the server, who seemed preoccupied with the couple 2 tables away from us. My wife ordered the snapper well done; it had to go back once, and came out the same undercooked way again, but she ate it anyway. Overall, I just think if you avoid Having Christopher serve you, you will enjoy this place.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It's often difficult to write a less than glowing review when you read so many excellent ones for the same establishment.
I ate there on a Saturday evening with a group of friends (tourists) all looking forward to our Avalon experience - based on the hype! Whilst we had fun together I would say the restaurant didn't leave an impression either in terms of service or quality of food. It was nothing more than mediocre.
I am an avid user of Trip Advisor and pride myself on honest reviews. Perhaps the lack of atmosphere was because we were sitting inside but there was really no excuse for the lack of taste and presentation of the halibut special. It just smacked of how much can we put on the plate to justify $45.