“Great service !!!!”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,139 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the best sea bass I have ever eaten at the Avalon ...... And the service was friendly and fantastic ..... Everyone I came across from the hostess to the bartender and servers were so nice and pleasant ...... Even the director of sales Jolie came over to say hello which was very nice ..... I highly recommend eating at a fish called Avalon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My fiance and I booked our reservation through OpenTable and our seat selection was assigned on time when we arrived. Great terrace with live music on Ocean Drive, what better location to ask for? We wanted to make our 1 night in South Beach deliciously memorable. Everyone needs to try the grilled octopus - to die for! Even my fiance (who does not eat seafood) loved every bite. My main dish was the surf n surf, which was highly recommended by our waiter (who happened to be top notch on the service level). By far the best I've ever tasted! Filet Mignon was cooked perfectly (medium rare, as I asked) and lobster was poached to perfection. Although pricey, gratuity is included on the bill. We will definitely be back, by far a great experience and perfect for an appreciative palette!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We really enjoyed this place. We went early (7:30) and we were seated on the porch - which is where you want to be. Our waiter was very attentive. The food was very good and prepared well. We were not rushed and ordered our starters and then after having them ordered dinner.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very nice restaurant, try the inside tables to avoid the noise and hustle from the street.
The food is so nice that you ought to concentrate on it!
Great waiter (Christopher), lovely wine and outstanding fish.
recommended!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely oasis in wild and crazy South Beach, though you can sit outside either on the veranda or on the street and get closer and closer to the crowds that way if that's your pleasure. Some of the best seafood we have had, unobtrusive service, good wine options though not many by the glass. A truly charming hotel restaurant.

1  Thank tresdar