“Great South Beach Seafood”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,103 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The setting is great - you can eat on the street amid the action or in a more refined interior dining room. The seafood was really good and service was wonderful.

There are newer reviews for A Fish Called Avalon

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always make sure and dine at A Fish Called Avalon whenever I'm in Miami. Having stumbled upon it at the advice of a cabbie my last trip to Miami after one restaurant wouldn't let me doctor client in wearing shorts, I made sure to take my husband to dinner there before a night of bar-hopping in SoBe. Although it was hot and steamy the patio is almost a most enjoyable dining spot. The Bam Bam shrimp appetizer was good, as always, the drinks were cold and tasty and we both enjoyed our seafood. Good people watching, fair prices for quality of food and location, and always a good time and meal.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent meal and our server, Orlando, was outstanding. Try the grilled octopus. We'll be back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I am spoiled because I am from the Northeast and we have great seafood. I stopped into Avalon with my wife for dinner. For an appetizer we had "new England clam chowder", it was good. We also had the escargot. I love escargot and have never had it prepared quite like this, in a puff pastry. It was different and I am happy I tried it, I would not get it again though.

For an e entree we split the fish special of the day. It was good, just not extremely memorable. I will put it like this, if I had a friend going to the Miami beach area I would not recommend Avalon as a must try.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really liked this place. If you sit outside, you get a great show from just watching the people go by.

The food was very very good. I had a salad and the bang bang shrimp - amazing shrimp. (It was an appetizer, but, well, I wanted dessert:)) My husband had the crab cake which was THE best that either one of us have ever had and as an entree he had the crab crusted grouper. For dessert, we split the creme brulee. Dinner was great. All of the food was excellent. The drinks were as well. Yup, great place.

1  Thank A W