“Famous Breakfast”
Review of News Cafe

News Cafe
Ranked #121 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Description: News Cafe is an iconic but quaint sidewalk cafe, restaurant, and bar located on Miami Beach at the corner of 8th Street and Ocean Drive. Its a perfect spot for a casual meal near the beach, people-watching, and a cocktail. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served 24 hours a day, and a full bar (with TVs) is available from 8am-4am daily.
Babylon, New York
“Famous Breakfast”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

No visit to South Beach is complete without a late breakfast after a night of dancing until dawn. A prime spot for people watching and then just a walk across the street to hit the beach after stuffing yourself with one of their delicious breakfast options.

• Visited May 2012

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Huntsville, AL
“Came back for more!!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I ate here last year and had to come back! The service is outstaning and love the sidewalk dining area. We had breakfast and it was great. I had the eggs florentine an my wife had the omelette. The News fries are outstanding!

Philadelphia
“Famous place...good breakfast”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Of course you know where it is. Breakfast wasfine, with decent coffee and bagel. Atmosphere fine...history is the reason to go.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Decided to dine here tonight and we ended up leaving. Service was horrible. We had to ask for napkins and silverware. We ordered the Spinach-Artichoke dip as an appetizer and it was lukewarm and had the consistency of paste. Refills on drinks were slow. I watched a server ask a customer for cigarettes. The customer looked taken aback. This place has fallen in service and quality. I saw no managers on duty. Not worth the price and will not go back. Also, we were surrounded by smokers. Just an overall bad experience. We left after our appetizer.

Lancaster, PA
“Read all about it! News Cafe is great”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was on my first visit to Miami Beach but had the benefit of suggestions from an old friend who is there on a regular basis. He suggested News Cafe. We sat outside enjoying the sunshine and the people watching. After reading the menu for a very long time, so many choices sounded so tempting, we finally ordered what I saw on a neighboring table. We got the Middle Eastern Combo for two and the Middle Eastern Salad. I also ordered a large glass of papaya juice. The combo included hummus, grape leaves, baba ganoush, and tabouleh salad. The salad was made up of cubes of crisp cucumber, sweet juicy tomatoes, lettuce, kalamata olives, more tabouleh and a well seasoned dressing. The dishes were accompanied by soft, warm, tasty pita bread. The servings were enormous!! The grape leaves were the best I have ever eaten, moist and flavorful.Everything was delicious. There was enough food left over to fill an 8 inch round foil container, with 2 pita breads in a second container. I appreciated that the papaya juice was chilled and had no ice in it. Too often glasses have more ice than beverage. I do not know when I will be in Miami Beach again but I do know where I will go to eat, News Cafe.