“Best tempura prawns I have ever eaten”

Toni's New Tokyo Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toni's New Tokyo Cuisine and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,160 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our waiter was very helpful and informative. We started off with the Sashimi sushi and it was absolutely amazing. I have never tasted fresher. then we went on to the Tempura prawns. they were the most delicious I have ever had. The flavour of the prawns was unbelievable. We ended with a pastry which was out of this world. I would definitely go back here again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a wonderful meal! We eat sushi a lot and this was the best we have had outside of NYC, and half the price! We had our waitress, Ari, order for us, and it was fantastic! The best seaweed salad I have had, and the rolls were great also. We will definitely make this a regular each time we return!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

As Japanese, I can recommend excellent food at Toni's. Raw fishes imported from Japan and lightly fried tempuras were all great. Greater than ones in general restaurants in Japan. A wide food selection including variety of appetizers was amazing. I hadn't expected to able to eat Ohitashi (spinach dressed in a sesame sauce) in the U.S. If you don't have any idea about Japanese food, experienced and stand-up sushi masters will give you good recommendation based on freshness of fishes. Try everything you want. Nothing there would disappoint you.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I were spending the weekend in South Beach and had a taste for sushi. We read good reviews for Toni's on several websites so decided to give it a try. At first we considered trying one of the bigger name sushi houses in town (Nobu, Katsuya, etc.) however, decided on Toni's because it was locally owned and we were tired of dealing with the snobbery of the high end South Beach establishments. We arrived around 6:30 on Saturday night and there were only a few other people there already. Service was prompt and friendly which was a pleasant surpise. The bathrooms were impeccably clean which was a great sign. We ordered a steak appetizer, some wine, miso soup, and the chef's sushi choice for two. Everything was delicious and the sushi was served in a cute wooden boat. More people started coming in later in the evening and it seemed to be mainly locals rather than tourists (this could be because the location is slightly farther away from the hotel area). I believe the owner lady was walking around the restaurant - greeting people and helping which made for a nice, friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I remember going with my parents when I was in grade school...! Oh I've just dated myself! Many dates and girl's night outs along with many of the me alone at the sushi bar nights later-it's still the best in Miami. Just got back after really having stuffed myself at the Sushi bar with my favorite chefs in Miami. I may have made a fool of myself but since i no longer frequent the beach as much as I used to, I took advantage of my opportunity. Salmon skin hand roll(so crispy they make just opened Lays look lame), shishito peppers, I had some sushi bar special of Salmon with pickles in yuzu vinaigrette(wow!) and my fave spicy salmon tartar along with my various nigiri a la carte. Chef told me Saba is cured in house and gave me some pointers. Was deelish! Oh have I missed you... too bad I ate too much and I couldn't have my favorite dessert of tempura ice cream So cliche but oh so good. Have to wait till I have company on my next visit... I will come for you again!