“Wonderful Italian”
Review of Osteria del Teatro

Osteria del Teatro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria del Teatro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,078 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Everything has been homemade for the last 30 years at this award-winning Italian Restaurant, which is tucked inside the stylish Art Deco District of South Beach.
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Italian”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our first time in Miami. We walked by this restaurant one night and decided to try it out the next night. What a wonderful surprise! The attention to detail, the fabulous wait staff, and the small venue are the best. Our waiter, Rafael, was the best.
The food did not disappoint. Everything that was served had a beautiful presentation and an even better taste. This is one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. We only wish it could be closer to our home.

• Visited September 2013

East Kilbride
“Rushed”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant this evening. Didn't need to book. There is an extensive menu and wine list. My husband was looking at the wine list and was asked by the waiter a few times what he wanted. As there was no South African wines he was obviously taking too long to decide. We felt a bit 'badgered' into making a decision, picking one of the waiters suggestions.
Our mains arrived and the food was excellent. We then insisted on at least 5 minutes to let our food digest. However, during this time the waiter insisted in showing us the desserts on offer. We had desserts which were nice, but no ice cream on the menu!!??....it's the first Italian restaurant , in all of our travels in numerous countries , that don't serve ice cream...bizarre !
I ordered a coffee and my husband wanted tea....the tea bag selection arrived and no breakfast tea, everything else under the sun though. He decided on the decaf Ceylon as it was as close as you could get. He still had a 2 glasses of wine left when the bill was put down on the table!....now that's a big NO NO....we'll have the bill when we're ready thanks!!
All in all an ok restaurant, but don't rush your clients, especially when the bill is $195 (£120 or so) for 2 courses each and one bottle of red wine .....

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Flutterbyer
Colorado
“Go for the Main Course, but really stay for Dessert”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The carpaccio was delicious and sizable. The home-made noodles with the porchini mushroom a delight. The pasta with the frutta di mare a delight. Our son ate all the spaghetti pomodoro! The desserts are absolutely fabulous: the chocolate cake, the almond-lace cookie with fresh fruit. The waitstaff was very attentive. Make reservations if you want a table by the window!

• Visited September 2013
Altoona, PA
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had another good meal at Osteria del Teatro, but we didn't think the food was quite as good as prior visits. The service was great and food very good, but it used to be exceptional!

Visited September 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Excellent Italian food and service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I tried Osteria del Teatro for the first time during a recent visit to South Beach, based on the positive reviews here. We were not disappointed -- we had a great experience overall, and would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

We made reservations a couple of weeks in advance for a Saturday at 7:00 (they only take reservations over the phone). The restaurant is on the small side, so I would recommend reservations if you go at a busy time. The restaurant is located on the NE corner of Washington Ave and Espanola Way, with large windows facing both streets. The decor inside is nice, but overshadowed by the all the activity outside (great for people watching).

For a small restaurant there were many waiters, who were very attentive without being overbearing. They all provided excellent service throughout the meal, without the stuffy attitude that you sometimes see at restaurants like this -- in fact, they had a great sense of humor, which made the meal even more enjoyable.

My wife started with burrata cheese and cherry tomatoes, and I had the spinach salad. My wife really liked the burrata, and I loved the walnut vinagrette on the salad. For dinner, my wife had the fettucine with jumbo shrimp and pink lobster sauce, and I had the black squid ink linguini with lump crab meat and curry sauce. Both entrees were delicious. One of the waiters offered to remove the tails/shells from my wife's shrimp, so she let him have at it. I included photos of both entrees (post surgery for the shrimp) -- my entree tasted better than it looks in the photo :-) I didn't finish my entree so I'd have room for dessert (the curry sauce was rich). All the dessert the choices were appealing, but we decided to share the creme brulee, which was wonderful. We also had a bottle of Corgnolo Super Tuscan wine with our dinner, and liked that a lot too.

Several other diners were repeat customers who received friendly greetings and hugs from the staff when they arrived, so people obviously like this place and go back time and time again. We will definitely be back on one of our future trips to South Beach.

• Visited August 2013