“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Osteria del Teatro

Osteria del Teatro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria del Teatro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Everything has been homemade for the last 30 years at this award-winning Italian Restaurant, which is tucked inside the stylish Art Deco District of South Beach.
North Canton, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food and service were amazing! My wife had a filet mignon and I had a rigitoni with meat sauce. It was pricey but since this was our last night in South Beach, I decided to go out with a bang. We didn't have reservations and was seated right away, but as the evening wore on the restaurant filled up fast. I would probably recommend getting reservations just in case. They even surprised my wife and I with a free desert sample, but I was so stuffed from the huge meal that I could barely eat it. It was also very delicious, whatever it was. They have been there for 25 years and I can see why they are so successful. I would definitely like to go back if I ever make it to South Beach again.

• Visited December 2012

Sunapee, New Hampshire
“well below expectations”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Because of the majority of reviews we had very high expectations but were very disappointed.
The ambience was less than comfortable with the tables positioned too close together.The service was good but the list of specials was way too long and difficult to hear clearly and to absorb.Tiger shrimp and a white truffle were presented at the table by the waiter with all the grace of a street vendor. They were better left in the kitchen until they were part of the food preparation.
The pasta course which we shared was an excellent veal ravioli.My wife ordered the signature dish of Osso Bucco which was only average and way down the list of Buccos we have tried.
I had the rack of Australian lamb with mustard sauce which was overcooked and bland to the taste.

• Visited December 2012
Northport, New York, United States
“Our last night”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent our last night in South Beach here and were so glad we did. We asked that the special appetizer we shared of buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes also include the prosciutto that came with the menu version and they gave us ample amounts of everything! My husband had the squid ink crab ravioli and the sauce was divine. My lobster salad with avocado and mango was absolutely perfect. The service was impeccable and we were given all the time we wanted. Probably the largest and best cappuccino we've ever had! Not the most romantic setting but with such delicious food we really didn't care!

Visited November 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Friday night dinner”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

You need a reservation. And must come hungry. Everything was just so delicious!! Small restaurant. Great service.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank emka11
Denver, Colorado
“south beach baby”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

we didnt have a reservation. the restaurant was full of tables of 5 and more. the restaurant understated on the corner of washington ave. they mad room for two and treated us like royalty. as a vegetarian its hard to go to quality restaurants and find dishes that will loose their structure if I start to detract ingredients.. they specially made a dish for me and it was incredible, tasteful and something i would never pair together. the wine list was extensive and we had a hard time finding just one choice..

if you want a romantic night this restaurant is a find for lovers and friends

• Visited December 2011