“Crappy food for the price of Maserati anyone?”
Review of Joe's Stone Crab

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #37 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
London, United Kingdom
“Crappy food for the price of Maserati anyone?”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I pity those people who leave great reviews about the place as perhaps they might have never heard of Rustic Inn Crabhouse (4331 Ravenswood Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312, United) aka Heaven of seafood least to say ever dined at one. We haven't booked so were made to wait for the table for over 40min thinking we were owed the best! Place was definitely over crowded and was no better than any Hackney pub. Food..eerr after tasting the food it made me strongly question on whether their head chef is qualified for the job and proficient in all aspects of food preparation? My niece had her lobster macaroni cheese which she refused to eat after just first mouthful. Wasn't good, and she's not a fussy eater. We sent it back. I had fried lobster with recommended house specialty potato hash brown which came ..eerr little..charred?! My face dropped at the site so my mother had a bite to curtesy as the waitress was standing over me with this judgemental look on her face..Anything for solidarity here? My fried Lobster was beyond it horrible too and don't confuse me for being sulky here as I am a loyal lobster fan! It tasted rank though at least the meat was soft enough for me to cut through it. I left majority of it on the plate untouched. Mum's and sister's baked lobsters were mauled to death before it saw plates. Neither of us were amused at being charged almost $200 bill for the RUBBISH MEAL we DID NOT EAT!
The only dismal consolation was lobster bisque soup which I split with my niece. Was a little spicy though but that is ALL we ate that night at Joe's. Wish I had my $$$ BACK!

However, if you are in a mood to socialise you are cordially INVITED as the house serve great cocktails and the bar area is always buzzing, but if you are in the mood for a food, then you
are strongly encouraged to Keep your wallet away!

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Georgia
“Back in time charm”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We loved the old building, it made us feel as if we were stepping back in time. The waiters were all dressed very neatly and were there meeting our every need. The stone crabs were wonderful, a real treat. We had a wonderful time.

Atlanta GA
“It should get a higher rating than EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This may be one of the best meals i have ever had.
App- Med Stone Crab claws with Joe's Mustard sauce
Main Course - Half of a 2 lb lobster and Steak

The food was out of this world and the server (Joan) was outstanding...great personality.
My only negitive is they don't take reservations so you wait COULD be slow.....our was great 10 mins but i could easliy see 1 hour + in high season

Visited May 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“Best Stone Crab Ever!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When in Miami, this is a must for restaurant goers. Make sure you when the stone crabs are in season and allow several hours for seating. There is usually a long wait. However, there is no better place for people watching, eating crab cakes and enjoying a bottle of wine while you wait to be seated for dinner. The stone crab are outstanding. Pair that with a nice filet and you have a wonderful surf and turf combo. The waiters are extremely attentive. Everything is a la cart. I would highly recommend the grilled asparagus and specialty potatoes. Top it off with the best key lime pie for dessert. It is truly an experience. I have been several times and have enjoyed each time I have been. I have also been to other locations. There is never a drop in food level or service. It is expensive and there is a wait. Be prepared and there is no finer place to dine.

• Visited April 2014
Lake Forest, Illinois
“We love the Joe's to Go”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We love Joe's but if you can not wait the typical 1-2 hours in line for the main restaurant dinning room, then this is the way to go. They have all the same entres as the dinning room but no wait. We went many times for lunch and dinner. You can also take your food to go.

Visited March 2014