“Best Stone Crab Ever!”

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #32 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When in Miami, this is a must for restaurant goers. Make sure you when the stone crabs are in season and allow several hours for seating. There is usually a long wait. However, there is no better place for people watching, eating crab cakes and enjoying a bottle of wine while you wait to be seated for dinner. The stone crab are outstanding. Pair that with a nice filet and you have a wonderful surf and turf combo. The waiters are extremely attentive. Everything is a la cart. I would highly recommend the grilled asparagus and specialty potatoes. Top it off with the best key lime pie for dessert. It is truly an experience. I have been several times and have enjoyed each time I have been. I have also been to other locations. There is never a drop in food level or service. It is expensive and there is a wait. Be prepared and there is no finer place to dine.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We love Joe's but if you can not wait the typical 1-2 hours in line for the main restaurant dinning room, then this is the way to go. They have all the same entres as the dinning room but no wait. We went many times for lunch and dinner. You can also take your food to go.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The stone crabs are great during the time period when you can get them fresh. Otherwise, they've been frozen and the meat sticks to the shell. Sometimes it's better to do the takeout. What made it charming 30 years ago is gone. It's so commercialized. You can get great stone crabs at other places and not suffer the unfriendly service!!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I did not go to the restaurant, but the take out next door, where you can sit and enjoy your food also. We had some great mussels and lobster rolls and a bottle of wine. The take out works excellent for lunch or a quick dinner. Must try the restaurant when I go back to South Beach.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I lived on SoBe in the late 90s and Joe's was a favorite of mine. What a surprise I got when I saw the new Joe's. Change in the building did not change the great service and great food that I remembered. I was able to get there just in time for the end of Stone Crab season. Brulio was our server and could not have been any better!