“Recommended restaurant”

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #34 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Joe's Stone Crab was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. The place has been running for 100 years, so they must be doing something right. The service was fantastic and we were very well looked after. The shrimp and calamari starters were very good and we shared the stone crab for our main. It wasn't cheap, but a very nice restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Stone Crab

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Drove down from Jupiter, FL for the Miami Auto Show. Wife was more enthusiastic when I told her we would have lunch first at Joe's Stone Crab. We both had the tasting menu: 4 stone crabs legs, creamed spinach, cole slaw, hash brown potatoes, and a sliver of key lime pie. Everything was delicious. Our waiter was friendly and efficient, maybe too efficient. He cleared food before we were finished eating on a few occasions. It happened so fast we couldn't stop him. There were several empty tables, so not sure way he rushed us. We both had iced tea, and coffee with the key lime pie. Total bill was over $100.00 before tip. While it was good, it was a bit overpriced.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Got the feel of Smith & Wollensky or New York style steak house. Male servers, quick service, short on conversation, quick on the pricey suggestions... I loved it. Throw it back at them and order what you planned. Waited at the bar for 30 minutes. Nice size bar with busy crowd so the time went quick. It's a great expense account place as you can see by the loads of conventioneers and general business types.The place is cavernous. Busy, busy, busy on a Wednesday night no less.. We came for the Stone Crabs and we were not disappointed. They were the best I have had. Went for the large, not the jumbo. They came pre-cracked, chilled and with a nice mustard sauce and drawn butter. Waiter even fetched cocktail sauce when asked. Ordered and split a nice salad before the crabs and had the key lime pie (shared) after. The waiter said best in Miami. It was good, the graham cracker crust was chewy. It was very good...Bill with cocktails was in the $160- $180.00 range. A day later and all I can still think of is the Stone Crabs.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I went there for a quick bite and a glass of wine, before heading for a walk. The crab legs were very tasty but expensive compared to quantity! The waitress was kind. It was a bit empty but then it is big place. I picked the garden despite the noise and dust, as interior area felt like a smelly pub.

Definitely worth the visit...

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've never enjoyed Stone crabs, as a mater a fact, I, never head of them! Not any more! I'm a fan! I highly recommend the Joes private label red wine! Is a very smooth great tasting Cabernet! I know 7 bucks seems like a lot for a piece of Key lime pie BUT what if it is really a deal and your quest for the bet key lime is over! I know it's a stretch! BUT what if?

1  Thank Bruce V